If you are a Windows 10 user, surely you already know the lock screen or login of the operating system. This lock screen is a secure barrier that prevents third parties from accessing your content and personal files stored on your computer’s hard drive. However, this lock screen not only allows you to log in to the Windows 10 user account, but also has options such as Shut down, suspend or restart your computer.
Related: How to view the Windows 10 Experience Assessment (PC)
As you already know you can turn off your computer from the Windows 10 start menu, however these options by default should also appear in the lower right corner of the lock screen of your lock screen in Windows 10. This means that regardless of Whether someone is signed in or not, Windows 10 can be closed from the lock screen.
So far everything is correct, however, it should be noted that certain users have commented that this option is not available on their Windows 10 lock screens. This is actually an anomaly since Windows 10 should by default, have the options active Shutdown on the Windows 10 logon or lock screen.
If this is your problem, below we will show you step by step how to activate the Windows 10 shutdown functions on the lock screen again to log in to your user account:
How to activate Power Options on the lock screen in Windows 10 Pro.
– To correct this anomaly, we will have to access the tool: Local security policy, which you can access using the following keyboard shortcut: Windows key + R.
– When the run window is shown, you must enter the following term and press Enter:
– Once the command is executed, you will see how the tool opens: local security policy. Here you will have to go to: Security Settings> Local Policies> Security Options.
– Once here you must look in the main part of the window, the option: Off; Allow system shutdown without logging in.
– After double clicking on said option you will see how a small window opens in which you will have to make sure that the option Enabled it’s activated.
– Line followed you will have to click on To accept to save the changes.
– From this moment you can restart your computer to see how the shutdown options are now displayed in the lower right part of the Windows 10 lock screen.
How to activate Power Options on the lock screen in Windows 10 Home
– If you have the Windows 10 Home version, the activation of power functions such as the Shutdown on the lock screen, you must access the Windows registry editor as administrator.
– Once the editor window is open, you should go to the following key:
– Once here, in the main part of the window, you will have to look for the key: “shutdownwithoutlogon”. If it does not exist, you will have to create it by right clicking on an empty area and selecting the value in the context menu: New> DWORD (32-bit). Once created, the key should be named as: shutdownwithoutlogon
– Double click on the “shutdownwithoutlogon” key and when the value editing window opens, you should make sure that the “Value Information”Is configured with the number 1. This will mean that it is activated. The number 0 will be the value used for its deactivation.
– Finally you must click on the Accept button to save the changes made.
– At this time you should proceed to restart your operating system to check if the power options are now displayed on the lock screen.
Leave a Reply