To install a program on your Windows 10 computer, the user who wants to install said software must have administrator rights. Administrator rights in Windows 10 allow users to make more profound changes to the operating system such as installing programs.
Related: Solution: Running as administrator does not work Windows 10
It is true that not all programs need administrator rights to be installed on your Windows 10 computer. However, it should be noted that in most cases, programs (especially complex programs) usually require these administrator rights. This is because when installing certain programs, this needs access to certain sections and functions of the Windows 10 operating system or needs to make changes to the system.
The programs or software that can be installed without the need for administrator rights are known as Portable programs. In many cases, the same program or software can have 2 versions: One portable and the other standard. The Standard version may have more functions than the Portable, however the Standard version will require administrator rights to be installed in Windows 10.
Having said that, below we want to show you in detail how to install programs or software without the need for Windows 10 administrator rights, even if by default it is an essential requirement:
How to install software without the need for administrator rights in Windows 10.
1. Download the desired program (usually .exe file).
2. On the desktop you must create a new folder. You can do this by right clicking on the desktop and in the menu: New> Folder.
3. Copy the executable / installable file (.exe) into the newly created folder.
4. Now you will have to open the Notepad.
5. In the new document you must write the following two lines:
start [Nombre archivo Instalable]
Important Note: In the second line you must replace [Nombre archivo Instalable] by the real name of the .exe file of the program you want to install.
6. When you have written the two lines, you must save the file using the keyboard shortcut: Ctrl + Shift + S
7. This will open a window and in the Type section of the window you must select: All files (*. *)
8. Now you will have to name the file with the same name as the executable file (.exe) of the program you want to install, but you also have to include at the end of the name the extension: .BAT
9. Finally click on the button: Save.
10. If you did not save the .BAT file in the same folder where the .exe file was copied, you will need to move it to that folder.
11. Once all the files are in the same folder, you will have to run the newly created BAT file with Notepad.
12. This will automatically allow the program to be installed without any problem and without the need for administrator rights.
Note: This simple process allows any user to install software on Windows 10 without having administrative rights to the operating system. Although this is useful, it should be noted that this solution may present a security hole within the Windows 10 operating system. This will work with most applications / software, however there may be exceptions.
Leave a Reply