There are several options to enter your Windows 10 user account as long as access is protected. Among these security options for access to user accounts in Windows 10 are: password access, fingerprint access, recognition or even PIN. However, regardless of the method you use, the essential thing in the case of passwords and PINs will be to remember them in order to access your user account.
Related: How to log into Windows 10 without knowing the Administrator user password.
Windows 10 allows the configuration of more than one security method to access your security account, including the possibility of configuring a PIN with which to access quickly and easily. But what if you lose or don’t remember the login PIN for your Windows 10 (Microsoft) account?
If you have forgotten or lost your Windows login PIN, you will not be able to recover it, but you can change it so that you can continue using this security login method to log into your Windows 10.
Obviously the use of the PIN as a security method must be configured in your Windows account and only then will you be able to use it and in case of losing or forgetting it, you can change it to continue using this login method in Windows 10. If you do not know how to activate the logging in to Windows 10 using PIN we recommend reading the following link: How to create and log in using a PIN in Windows 10
That said, below we show you step by step how to reset the login PIN to Windows 10 when you have forgotten or lost it.
How to reset Windows PIN code from the login screen
– Turn on your Windows 10 computer
– Once on the login screen of your user account, you must select the PIN option
– The next step will be to click on the option: I forgot my PIN
– A window will appear in which you will have to log in with your Microsoft account by providing the password.
– Now a new window will be displayed through which you can verify your identity, such as: by email or Message to a phone number.
– After selecting one of these methods, you must enter the verification code sent.
– Once the identity has been verified, you will see how the window appears in which you can enter the new PIN code to be able to log in with them.
– From now on you can use this new PIN code to log in.
How to reset the login PIN code in Windows 10 after logging into your user account.
– Open Windows 10 settings (Windows key + I)
– Go to: Accounts> Login Options
– On the right side of the screen you will have to click on the option: Windows Hello PIN
– This will reveal several options, among which you must click on the option: I forgot my PIN.
– A window is displayed in which you will have to follow the indicated steps. During this process you will have to enter the password for your Microsoft account.
– Then you can configure your new PIN code to log into your Windows 10 user account.