Data collection by big tech companies is as real as the earth is round. Many of these companies mask these collection techniques under the guise of using this information to improve their products. This is something that Microsoft uses on multiple occasions in its operating systems like Windows 10. An example of this is the collection of writing data or the use of Artificial Intelligence.
Related: Solution: File Explorer restarts in Windows 10
The Windows 10 operating system asks you on different occasions and areas, the possibility of allowing them to collect part of your activity with the aim of improving the product and launching updates with possible improvements. However, who assures us that this data is not used for anything else? Once we accept the compilation of data, what monitoring of our data can we carry out?
Another of the most common ways to collect data is the use of functions such as the voice assistant Cortana or through artificial intelligence of writing. The latter allows Microsoft to collect everything you type on your keyboard to analyze it and consequently correct words that are misspelled.
Fortunately, Microsoft allows us, in most cases, to deactivate these functions that collect information about the use we make of Windows 10. That said, next we want to show you how to deactivate the collection of writing data derived from the use of Intelligence Artificial in Windows 10:
How to disable write details collection in Windows 10.
– The first thing will be to open the Settings app which you can do using the keyboard shortcut: Ctrl + I.
– Once inside the configuration you will have to access the option Devices.
– On the next screen you will have to go to the section Writing located on the left side of the interface.
– This will reveal a large series of settings, among which you must click the one found under the section: How AI has helped you.
– After clicking on “Writing details”, You will be sent to a new screen where you must deactivate the switch shown at the top of the interface.
– This will prevent write details from being collected and therefore no details from being displayed in reports:
- Auto-complete words
- Suggested words
- Keystrokes saved
- Spelling correction
- Writing with the swype function
From dowloadsource.es we recommend that to prevent Microsoft from collecting any writing data, that you also deactivate all the settings shown in Settings> Devices> Write.
- Auto-correct misspelled words
- Highlight misspelled words
- Show text suggestions as I type on the software keyboard.
- Add a space when you accept a text suggestion.
- Add a point after double-tapping the space bar
– Touch keyboard
- Capitalize the first letter of each sentence
- Use all capital letters when you press Shift twice
– Hardware keyboard
- Show text suggestions as I type
- Auto-correct misspelled words that I type
– Multilingual text suggestions
- Show text suggestions based on the recognized languages you write
Leave a Reply