If you are a Windows 10 user and using an external monitor, you may have noticed that the operating system image appears to be out of proportion. It also often happens on laptops, where you can see how the desktop looks disproportionate, with icons too large or too small. This is due to poor screen resolution settings in Windows 10 operating system.
Related: How to disable the taskbar on the second screen Windows 10
It should be noted that the ideal resolution not only depends on the resolution of your computer screen, but also the user’s preferences. There are users who prefer to use a different resolution than their screens, simply for a matter of taste.
There are several ways to change the screen resolution in Windows 10, for example through the graphics program or driver installed on your computer. However, fortunately, the Windows 10 operating system offers the ability to customize the screen resolution from the Settings app.
If you want to customize the screen resolution of your Windows 10 computer, you just have to follow the steps shown below:
How to change the screen resolution on your Windows 10 computer.
– First of all, open the Settings app, which you can do using the keyboard shortcut: Windows key + I
– Once in the Settings you will have to go to the option: System.
– On the next screen you will have to go to the section: screen.
– In the main part of the configuration, you should look for the section: Scale and Distribution
– Under this section will be where you will find the drop-down menu: Screen resolution.
– When the menu is displayed, a list will be shown with all the available resolutions. Also, if you pay attention, you will find that one of the resolutions is shown as recommended. This resolution is the one that corresponds to the resolution of the screen you are using at the same time.
– The moment you click on one of the resolutions, your screen will adjust to match the selected resolution. If the proportions of the Windows operating system interface are as expected, you must click on the option Keep changes. If the new resolution is not to your liking, you must click on the option Reverse in order to return to the previous resolution.
Leave a Reply