Although there are millions of video game players who prefer consoles to enjoy their virtual games, however, there is also a huge number of users who prefer to use the PC for their entertainment. Well, when you play video games from a computer, one of the most important points is the mouse and specify the DPI of the mouse.
Related: Solution: The USB mouse and / or keyboard does not work in Windows 10.
DPI is a technical term that refers to the sensitivity of the mouse connected to your computer. This sensitivity is really important to achieve better performance in our video games. In fact, on occasion your poor performance may be due to a bad DPI setting on your mouse.
To make it easier to understand what the DPI is, we must understand the mouse as a device used to point and click. Obviously, the speed at which the mouse cursor moves compared to the physical movement of the mouse is very personal and the optimal settings will depend on the individual user.
Although the DPI setting of a mouse is very important for video game players, it can also be a setting to consider for other types of PC users. For example if you are not happy with the behavior of the mouse you may need to check these settings.
Fortunately Windows 10 offers its users the ability to customize the DPI sensitivity of your mouse. That being said, here is a detailed explanation of how to do it:
How to configure the DPI sensitivity of your mouse in Windows 10.
– Open the app Setting using the keyboard shortcut: Windows key + I
– Go to the Devices option and in the menu on the left side of the screen you must select the option: Mouse.
– Now in the central part of the window you must find and click on the option: Additional mouse options
– This will open a small window in which you will have to go to the tab: Pointer options.
– In this window you will find the section corresponding to the DPI sensitivity under the name: Movement (Select the pointer speed)
– In it you will see a sliding bar which you should move to the left or right depending on whether you want a lower (slow) or higher (fast) sensitivity.
– As we have mentioned, this slider will allow you to determine how fast and how much space on the screen the cursor travels in the face of the same movement of the physical mouse. The most advisable thing here is to modify the configuration and check the movement in order to adjust it to the optimal sensitivity.
Important note: Just below the slider you will find the option: Improve pointer precision. This option is aimed at avoiding clicks in empty spaces even if the cursor is a few pixels from the clickable place. Basically, it allows the operating system to guess if you really want to click on something specific that is within a few pixels of the cursor at the moment of the click. Therefore, if you use your Windows 10 computer to play video games, this setting is a great disadvantage, so we recommend disabling it.
– Finally, to save the configuration when everything is to your liking, you will only have to click the OK button and that’s it.
Advice: If you have a Gaming mouse, this device almost certainly has dedicated software that will allow you to more precisely configure the DPI sensitivity of your mouse. From Downloadsource.es we recommend that you use the specific software for the mouse you are using.
Leave a Reply