Today in this article, we are going to address a very annoying and irritating problem present in Windows 10. Many Windows 10 users are reporting about the problem that occurs when user opens Windows File Explorer and suddenly, File Explorer jumps or scrolls to the top of the window automatically without warning.
Related: Solution: Windows 10 won’t automatically connect to Wi-Fi
Apparently this problem has also occurred in other versions of Windows 10 so we can say that the error is common in all versions and editions of Windows 10. The problem usually occurs when the user scrolls down a folder / directory either by using the mouse wheel, by using the slider on the right side of the window or by selecting multiple files displayed in the folder with your mouse.
For example let’s imagine that we are trying to select several files from a folder by dragging the mouse cursor from the top to the bottom. However, the File Explorer forgets our selection or activity and moves us to the top of the folder as if we had just opened the folder. In this situation, the user is forced to start the task from the beginning.
This strange scrolling problem occurs when the user has turned on and enabled the background slideshow feature in Windows 10, that is, the feature that automatically changes the desktop background at a specific time interval. Along with the slideshow feature, the option that automatically chooses an accent color from the desktop background is also enabled.
When these 2 options are enabled on a Windows 10 device, as soon as the desktop background is changed to the presentation feature, Windows 10 automatically changes the emphasis color of the File Explorer window frame to match the the current desktop background color and when this happens, Windows 10 automatically updates the entire File Explorer window to apply the accent color that causes this annoying scrolling. As Windows 10 updates the File Explorer window, the current scroll position, selection, and user focus are lost and the folder reopens as new.
That said, below we want to show you step by step how to solve the problem that makes the Windows File Explorer window scroll to reset and you return to the top of the window as if you had just opened it:
How to solve the error that makes when we open Windows explorer or a folder, we are sent to the top of the interface.
1. Open the Settings application using the keyboard shortcut: Windows key + I
2. Now click on the option Personalization and then click on the section Colors displayed on the left side of the window.
3. In the right part of the window you will see the section: Choose the accent color.
4. Under this section you will see the option: “Automatically choose an accent color for my background“whose box you must uncheck.
5. At this point you will have to go to the Background section on the left side of the screen.
6. Once here you will have to display the background option menu on the right side of the window.
7. Here you will have to select the option: Image or Solid bottom.
From now on, the Windows 10 folder or file explorer will not restart, causing you to be sent to the top of the window automatically and without prior notice.
Leave a Reply