By default, Windows 10 users will see, for example, image or photo files show a thumbnail with the preview of these files. These thumbnails show the contents of the file instead of an icon. However, not all users are in favor of these thumbnails and therefore prefer file icons to always be displayed. This is possible if we make a configuration in the file explorer.
Related: File preview thumbnails are not displayed in Windows 10 (Thumbnail)
Many Windows 10 files are displayed as icons of the tool or program with which they can be opened. However, there are other files such as photos and videos, which instead of showing an icon of the default viewer or player, show a thumbnail image.
For many, the thumbnail image can be considered as a breach in their privacy since if these users share their computer with other people, with a simple glance, anyone can see your photos without even having to open the file.
Although by default photo and video files show a thumbnail of their content instead of an icon, Windows 10 also allows you to change the settings so that all the files on your computer show icons related to the program or tool used to open them. files by default.
That said, below we show you step by step how to configure Windows 10 so that the files on your computer only show the program icons instead of the preview thumbnail:
How to enable or disable file thumbnail preview in Windows 10 instead of displaying file icons.
1. Open Windows 10 File Explorer
2. Go to the tab: Sight
3. Now click on the button: Choices
4. This will open a new window in which you will have to go to the tab: Watch
5. In the options tree you will have to mark the option: Always show icons, never thumbnails.
6. Finally, to save this configuration you must click the button To accept.
7. Now you can see how the images and videos stop being shown in thumbnail view and instead the icon of the program with which they are opened by default is shown.
Leave a Reply