On our Windows 10 computer we usually save very important files that we do not want to lose for any reason. For this, it is essential to make backup copies of these files so that in case of failure, error or deletion of the original file, we will always have a copy of said file. The only downside is that doing this manually can be quite cumbersome.
Related: How to fix: OneDrive icon not showing on Windows 10 taskbar
The amount of files that we download, generate or create on our Windows 10 computer can be really large, so backing up all of them manually can be an arduous task. This is why after the last update Microsoft has incorporated the welcome option that allows you to make an automatic backup of the locations: Documents, Desktop and Images.
If you often store important files in one of these folders / locations, it is highly recommended to back up those folders to the OneDrive cloud storage service. OneDrive is Microsoft’s cloud storage service thanks to which you can make automatic backups in Windows 10 so that the files in the Documents, Desktop and Pictures folders are always protected and accessible from any other computer or device.
That said, below we want to show you step by step how to configure Windows 10 so that OneDrive makes an automatic backup of the files saved in the Documents, Pictures or Desktop folders of your computer:
How to create an automatic backup of Windows 10 desktop, documents and pictures folders with OneDrive.
– Click on the OneDrive icon located in the system tray of the taskbar. This will open a small window in which you will have to click on the option Plus.
– Now a menu will be displayed in which you will have to go to the option Setting.
– A new window will open in which you will have to go to the tab: Backup copy.
– Here you will have to click on the button: Manage my backups.
– A new window will open and here you will have to choose which folders you want to make a backup of. The three folders are offered: Documents, Desktop and Pictures. You can one, several or all of them.
– Once the folders have been selected, you must click on the button: Start Backup to start file synchronization. Now you can close the dialog as the syncing process will take place in the background.
Once the files are synced, you can access them from any device with an internet connection. In addition, the new files that we save in the Documents, Pictures or Desktop folders will be automatically backed up in the backup in the cloud
NOTE: As you probably know, OneDrive offers 5GB of storage for free. If you need more space, you will have to buy more storage or buy an Office subscription that gives you up to 1 TB of storage.
Leave a Reply