When you cut or copy something to your Windows 10 computer, it is automatically copied to the clipboard so that you can paste a copy of the item elsewhere within the operating system or program installed on it. Also for a long time, Windows 10 allows you to paste several files to the clipboard as well as pin items that you want to use frequently as well as synchronize your clips between devices through the cloud.
Related: How to retrieve items from the Windows clipboard.
Furthermore, you can keep track of the text and images copied to the clipboard and even access the settings and interface of the clipboard history. While it’s nice to have access to clipboard history, it can become a security risk, especially if you share your device with other users.
This makes many users wonder about the possibility of deleting or clearing the clipboard so that no one can access its content. In Windows 10 there are several ways to delete or erase the clipboard of your computer with the Microsoft operating system and in this post we will show you several of them.
If you want to delete some items from your clipboard or clear the history completely, in this tutorial we will guide you through the steps to follow to clear the clipboard in Windows 10.
How to clear the clipboard in Windows 10
Clear clipboard using command prompt.
1. Open the CMD as administrator.
2. Once here, enter and execute the command shown below:
cmd /c “echo off | clip”
3. After pressing Enter, close the command prompt window.
The Windows 10 clipboard will be completely erased.
How to clear clipboard using shortcuts in Notepad
1. Open Notepad.
2. Inside you must copy and paste the text that we show you below:
% windir% System32 cmd.exe / c “echo off | clip “
wmic service where “name like ‘%% cbdhsvc _ %%’” call stopservice
wmic service where “name like ‘%% cbdhsvc _ %%’” call startservice
3. Once pasted, go to the option: File> Save As
4. When the window opens, in the Type section you will have to select: All the files (**)
5. In the name you can grant the one you consider appropriate but with the extension: .bat
6. Once saved, go to this location and right-click on it.
7. In the context menu click on the option: Create Shortcut.
8. When the shortcut has been created you will have to click with the right mouse button and select the option from the menu: Properties.
9. When the small window is shown you will have to go to the tab: Direct access
10. Here you have to place yourself in the field: Shortcut key.
11. Enter the keyboard shortcut you want to use to clear the Windows 10 clipboard. For example: Ctl + Shift + X
12. Now in this same window click on: Advanced Options
13. This will open a small window in which you will have to check the option: Execute as an administrator.
14. Click OK in all windows to save the changes you just made.
15. Once you have finished with these steps, you can delete the Windows 10 clipboard either by double-clicking on the shortcut or by using the keyboard shortcut configured by us.
How to delete clipboard items individually in Windows 10.
1. Run the keyboard shortcut: Windows key + V
2. This will display the clipboard history with all the items inside.
Important Note: If instead of viewing the clipboard items you see the Enable option, this means that you are not using the updated clipboard experience.
3. Click the three ellipsis icon next to any of the clipboard items to display the menu.
4. Here you have to select the option: Erase
5. This will automatically remove the unwanted item.
Note: It should be noted that from this same menu you also have access to the option delete all which, as its name indicates, allows you to delete all the items from the clipboard.
How to clear clipboard in Windows 10 using settings
1. Use the keyboard shortcut: Windows key + I
2. When the configuration opens go to: System> Clipboard.
3. In this screen go to the bottom until you find the section: Delete data from the clipboard.
4. Just below it you will have to click on the button: Delete.
Leave a Reply