All computer keyboards have a Caps Lock key. This key also, in its vast majority, has a luminous notification on the key or keyboard itself. However, there are many users who wish it was the operating system itself that notified that the caps lock is activated. Fortunately, Windows 10 has the ability to activate a notification when the Caps Lock key is activated or deactivated.
Related: How to customize the sound of notifications in Windows 10.
Few things can be as annoying as writing a paragraph and having all the letters accidentally capitalized. This is something really unpleasant especially because if it happens, you will be forced to erase and rewrite all the text written in capital letters. This is why it is advisable to view the screen as soon as we start writing in order to avoid these types of errors.
However, not all users have the experience or ability to type on a keyboard without having to look at the keys you press. That is why Windows 10 is able to notify the user when the caps lock key is activated and thus stop typing.
Although as we have mentioned, most of the current keyboards have a lock notification, but usually this notification is bright. In addition, the caps lock is usually activated by accident by writing a text so we may not be paying attention to the illuminated warning light on the keyboard. To avoid these types of errors, Windows 10 allows you to activate an audible notification that will tell you if the Caps Lock key is activated or deactivated.
That said, below we want to show you in detail how to activate or deactivate the sound notification of the Caps Lock key on your Windows 10 computer:
How to enable or disable Caps Lock notification in Windows 10.
1. Open the Settings app using the shortcut: Windows key + I
2. When it opens, access the option: Accessibility.
3. In the left part of the window you will have to go to the section: Keyboard.
4. This will reveal a series of options in the middle of the screen. Among them, find yourself in the section: Use Toggle Keys.
5. Under it you will find the option: Play a sound each time you press Caps Lock, Num Lock, or Scroll Lock.
6. Just below this option is the switch that allows you to activate or deactivate it. Turn it on or off depending on your preference.
7. Now you will be able to exit Settings and every time you activate or deactivate the Caps Lock key on the keyboard of your Windows 10 computer, a sound will be emitted by the computer to let you know that you have just activated or deactivated the key. Caps Lock.
Important note: It should be noted that if you activate this function, not only the notification for the Caps Lock key is activated but it will also be notified when the Number Lock key and the Scroll lock key are pressed.
How to activate a visual notification on the screen of your Windows 10 computer by activating or deactivating the Caps Lock key on your keyboard.
For many users the sound notification is not enough and they prefer to get a visual notification on the screen of your Windows 10 computer. This allows you to view at any time if the Caps Lock key without having to look at your keyboard.
Unfortunately, to enjoy this function you will have to use a third-party program since Windows 10 does not incorporate this function by default. One of the best free software for this purpose is: Traystatus
It should also be noted that even if this software is installed, you can also continue to enjoy the sound notifications of Windows 10.