At Downloadsource.es we have already shown you how to share files with the collaborative editing option from iOS and iPadOS devices such as iPhone or iPad, however you should know that Mac OSX devices also allow this action from Mac or MacBook. This is possible because MacBook and Mac devices also incorporate iCloud Drive syncing.
Related: How to share and edit iCloud files on iPhone and iPad.
Mac and MacBook with OSx have iCloud Drive file sharing feature that allows you to easily share iCloud Drive files and folders with other users. This cloud sharing capability works in a similar way to how Dropbox and Google Drive work, making it easy to collaborate and share files and documents.
The function of sharing files with the option of collaborative editing using iCloud Drive in macOS is available from MacOS Catalina operating system version 10.15.4 or later, including Big Sur. Older versions of Mac OSx do not support this feature.
Using iCloud Drive to share files and folders works in much the same way as it does on Apple mobile devices such as iPhone or iPad. However, it should be noted that there are certain differences in the sharing process.
That said, below we show you in detail how to share files with collaborative editing permission from your Mac OSx using iCloud Drive:
How to share files and folders with iCloud Drive on MacOS
1. You can share any file or folder that is already located in iCloud Drive.
2. Find the item you would like to share that is already synced / uploaded with iCloud Drive.
3. Right click on the file or folder you want to share and in the context menu select the option: Share
4. Line followed you will have to click on the option: Add people
5. Now a window will be shown in which all the apps and programs are offered through which we can share the indicated file or folder.
6. Once the program is selected, the button will be displayed just below. Sharing Options which you will have to click on.
7. This will give you access to the Permissions and Access options to the file that we want to share and that can be customized by clicking on them.
8. Once the desired configuration has been selected, you will have to click on the button: Share.
9. Depending on the application or program used to share the next step may vary a bit. For example, if you have chosen Email, you will need to provide the recipient’s email address and send it.
10. The recipient will receive an email link that will give them access to the shared file or folder with the permissions and accesses configured by its owner.