Discord is one of the communication platforms that has grown the most in recent years, especially in the Gamer community. Its low use of resources together with the large number of options and functions that Discord makes available to its users has made more and more people decide to use this platform. However, although Discord works really well, this does not mean that users will encounter certain problems such as: The sending of messages to this channel has been temporarily disabled.
Related: How to create and configure a Discord Server. (Desktop and Mobile)
Generally, this error message is something that is usually displayed when the administrator of a Discord channel restricts the sending of certain words or blocks the comments of a specific user. However, on occasions, the error message “Sending of messages to this channel has been temporarily disabled” may not be due to restrictions of the channel administrator but to other aspects.
Discord users have, on occasion, seen the message Send messages to this channel is temporarily disabled if a problem occurs with Discord’s own servers or with their own network settings.
If you are trying to send a message to a Discord channel, but you come across the aforementioned error message, below we will show you step by step how to solve the error message: Sending messages to this channel has been temporarily disabled
– Check if Discord servers are down or down.
1. Access the following link from your browser: Checking Discord servers
2. Once in the indicated Web, you will see the information about the Discord servers.
3. If it turns out that the problem is due to the Discord server, there is unfortunately little to do as Dicord is the one to fix this problem.
– Connect to a different network
The other possible error may be due to the network that your device is connected to.
1. If you are using Discord on your computer, you can try using the mobile app connected to the same network to see if the messages can be sent without problem.
2. If you are still unable to send messages on the Discord channel, you will need to connect your device to a new network.
3. If this solves your problem and now you can send messages to a Discord channel without receiving the error, it indicates that it is likely that the network you were connected to is the one that has some kind of problem.
– Disconnect from your VPN service
The first step to solve the error Sending messages to this channel temporarily disabled when you suspect that the problem is related to your network and you use a VPN service, will be to deactivate said service. For it:
1. Sign out of Discord.
2. Deactivate the VPN service you are using.
3. Log back into Discord.
4. Try to send a message again.
If your VPN service is causing the problem, it may be because Discord is blocking the service or it is experiencing an outage.
– Change the DNS settings of your computer.
If there is a problem with the DNS server you are using, Discord may not work correctly and when we send a message we will receive the error: “The sending of messages to this channel has been temporarily disabled.”
In this case, we recommend that you configure Google DNS on our device. If you don’t know how to do this, we recommend reading any of the following tutorials:
– How to configure DNS in Windows 10 with Google DNS.
– How to change the DNS in Android for those of Google or OpenDNS.
– How to configure and use Google DNS on iPhone or iPad (iOS)
Once the DNS is changed, try to send a new message to the Discord Channel to see if you can now send the message without receiving any error.
Leave a Reply