A few days ago I tried to install an application from the official Microsoft Store in Windows 10. My surprise was that when I wanted to install it, I received an error that said: Where do you want to install it? It appears that you do not have an applicable device linked to your Microsoft account. To install, log into a device with your Microsoft account.
Related: How to download apps from the Windows Store without Signing In (No Microsoft account)
The strange and disconcerting thing is that at that moment I am on my Windows 10 computer and I am also logged into my Microsoft user account. This is where I found myself lost. How can I solve this problem to finally be able to install the app I want from the official Microsoft Windows 10 store.
The exact error displayed is as follows:
“Where do you want to install it?
It appears that you do not have an applicable device linked to your Microsoft account. To install, sign in to a device with your Microsoft account
Get more information.“
If you receive this message and want to know how to fix it to install the Windows 10 store program, follow the steps below:
Method 1. Check if the application is compatible with your version of Windows 10
99% of the time, the error is caused by having a different version of Windows 10 than the one required by the application we want to install.
1. To carry out this check you must locate the app within the official Windows store.
2. Locate the section carousel in which we will have to select the tab: System requirements.
3. Here you will be told if your device or rather, your computer’s operating system is compatible or not with the application you want to install.
In addition, in the OS section you will see the Minimum version of Windows 10 necessary to install the app.
If you want to do a manual version check of your Windows 10 you can do it by following the steps shown below: How to check the version of Windows 10 (Build / compilation)
In case the application is not compatible with the version of your Windows 10, you have no choice but to update to the required version or later. From that moment on you will be able to install the app without receiving any type of error.
Method 2. Sign out and sign back into your Microsoft account from the Store.
The default Windows 10 Official Store does not require you to sign in to install any of the free apps from the store. However, you will need to log in to install paid apps.
If the error occurs when we try to install a paid app, in this case the error may be due to the login, so we recommend closing the session and starting it again, which you can do by following these steps:
– Inside the store, you will have to click on the image of the user located in the upper right corner of the interface.
– In the menu you will have to select your user account.
– This will open a new window in which you will have to select the option: Close Session
– Finally, we will have to repeat the process to log in with your Microsoft account again.
Method 3. Reset Microsoft Store in Windows 10
If neither of the two previous options have been able to solve the problem, you will have to proceed to restore the official Microsoft store. If you don’t know how to do this, we recommend doing the following tutorial: How to reset default apps in Windows 10
Leave a Reply