There are many applications and GPS navigation services that currently exist and although the most popular of all is Google Maps, the truth is that other services such as Bing Maps offer other exclusive options that you will not see on Google Maps. An example is the ability to view traffic cameras for the roads you are planning to pass with your route.
Related: How to disable Shake to send comments on Google Maps
The Bing Maps service does not have mobile applications, so the only option we have to use it is through the web browser. This map service has practically all the functions of Google Maps, so you can configure routes and trips and know the traffic of the same. You will also find places of interest as well as places and businesses.
However, Bing Maps also has a great feature that Google Maps doesn’t. We are talking about the possibility of displaying the images of the traffic cameras of the route you are going to pass or have planned in the map service. Undoubtedly, this is a more than useful function since sometimes, since the traffic information shown by the colors Red, orange, green and blue of the indicated route, is not always accurate.
Thanks to the option that allows us to view images in real time of the road you are planning to go through. Bing Maps shows the real images of the traffic cameras installed on the roads of many countries. This allows you to see the real picture of traffic density and not depend on an estimate that is not always reliable.
That said, below we want to show you how to view the traffic cameras in real time from the Bing Maps service in order to know the congestion of vehicles on the route you are planning to use:
How to see the images of the traffic cameras in real time with the Bing Maps map service.
– Access Bring Maps in your web browser: Bring Maps
– When the map is displayed, you will have to configure your route, with a departure point (From) and an arrival point (To).
– This will show the configured route, drawn on the map.
– Without this route there is a traffic camera, it will be shown as a video camera icon on which you will have to click.
– A small window will automatically open in which the live image of the punctured traffic camera will be shown.
– If there is more than one traffic camera on your route, you can switch between viewing all of them, just by clicking on each of the icons.
It should be noted that at the moment not all existing road traffic cameras have been added to Bing Maps. However, over time more and more will be incorporated until they reach a considerable number.
On the other hand, the launch of a Bing Maps app for Android and iOS is also highly anticipated, as this would allow us to take advantage of its functions on mobile devices and not only on computers and laptops.
Leave a Reply