In this global world, it is not uncommon to receive emails in different languages. The problem comes when we receive an email in a language that we do not master or know. For these types of cases, the email service such as Outlook.com offers its users the possibility of automatically translating emails in other languages.
Related: Automatically delete emails when you log out of Outlook
If you are one of those users who want to translate email content from a foreign language to their native language, Outlook.com allows you to enable automatic translation into your language of any email received. That way, you won’t have to translate the content of the message manually, no matter how many messages you receive or how large the body of the email is.
For example, if you are the owner of an online store worldwide, the most normal thing is that you receive international emails in several languages and you probably do not speak them all. Usually the body of the email is copied and pasted into the translator like Google Translate.
The problem appears when we receive a large number of emails in other languages that we do not speak. In this type of case, the mechanics of copying the text to translate it manually can be somewhat cumbersome and not very productive. To improve this mechanic, Outlook.com offers a machine translation feature that allows you to view the translation directly in the Outlook interface and without having to go to another translation website.
Below we show you step by step how to activate the function that allows you to translate the text of email messages automatically in Outlook.com:
How to enable automatic language and translation detection in Outlook.com
1. Open your web browser and go to Outlook.com
2. Log in with your email account.
3. Once inside your inbox you will have to click on the gear icon.
4. This will show the menu in which you will have to select the option: See all Outlook settings
5. When the window is displayed you will have to go to: Mail> Message Management.
6. Scroll down the central part of the window until you find the section: Translation.
7. Under this section you will have to select the option: Translate Always.
8. Line followed you will have to indicate your language, to which you want to translate your messages.
9. Next you will have to select the languages you want to translate. Select them from the list and after selecting it you will have to click on the button: Add.
10. When you have already added all the languages from which you want to translate you will have to click on the button Keep and finally close this window for the changes to take effect.
After activating this option when you open an email in one of the added languages, you will see the text already translated into your language automatically and a notification indicating that the displayed text is a translation of the original text.
Leave a Reply