Messenger has become one of the most used messaging apps in the world. This means that daily we receive tons of messages that are sometimes overwhelming and we do not have time to answer all of them at the time of receiving them. However, in the case of reading these messages received through Messenger, we have to remember to respond to them, especially if we do not want to look bad with the sender.
Related: How to synchronize your contacts in Messenger. Android | iPhone
As you already know, when we receive a message through Messenger and we read it, the person who sent that message will know when you have read their message. Therefore, if you have read his message and you do not have time to answer, it is better that you remember to answer him since few things are more annoying than being read.
Obviously, the moment we view a message within a specific chat, its corresponding notification will no longer be displayed. This can make us forget to reply to the received message that we have read but did not have time to reply.
Fortunately, Facebook Messenger incorporates by default a function that allows you to mark any message (chat) received and read as NOT read. In this way, the unread message notification will reappear and therefore it will be able to remind you to reply to the previously read message.
That said, below we show you in detail how to mark a Messenger message as unread, after having read it. You can mark Messenger messages as Unread from your official app for Android or iPhone as well as from the Web version of Facebook.
How to mark a Messenger message as unread in the Web version of Facebook.
– Open your browser and access the Facebook website where you will have to log in with your user account.
– Once inside, click on the Messenger icon on the toolbar at the top of the Facebook interface. This will show a menu where you will have to click on the option: See Everything in Messenger.
– This will show Facebook Messenger with all currently started chats. Place the mouse cursor and click on the gear icon next to the name of the chat you want to mark as Unread.
– After clicking on this icon a message will be displayed in which you will have to click on the option: Mark as unread
– Done, from this moment on you will see the unread message notification appear, which will remind you to respond to messages received and already read.
On the Facebook website, after clicking on the Messenger icon and the menu is displayed, you can mark as Unread any conversation shown in the menu after hovering the mouse over it and clicking on the icon shown to the right of the name of the chat.
How to mark a Messenger message as unread in the app for Android or iPhone.
– Open the Messenger app on your mobile phone.
– When the list of conversations is displayed, you must press and hold on the chat you want to mark as Unread.
– This will reveal a series of options from which you will have to select on the icon in the form of three horizontal stripes.
– This will show a menu in which we will have to select the option: Mark as unread.
– Now the unread message notification will be shown again in said chat and will remind you that you must reply to the previously read message but that you did not reply.
Leave a Reply