Maybe if you have a laptop with Windows 10, once in a while you have been able to think if it is possible to keep your computer running if you close the lid. This can be really convenient in case you use an external screen connected to your laptop as long as you only want to use the external screen, as it will allow you to close the laptop and continue using it through the external screen.
Related: How to enable remaining battery time in Windows 10
The truth is that if you use the Windows 10 operating system, you should know that you can close the screen of your laptop and that it continues to run normally. This, as we have mentioned, can be useful if you use an external screen connected to your laptop or if you want to continue running certain programs on your laptop without having the lid open, which can save energy by not have that integrated display turned on.
In my case, I work in the office with a laptop. For me it is more comfortable to use the external screen that I have on my desk instead of the integrated screen of the laptop. Also, I don’t like working on two screens so I only use the external screen. It is in this case that I decided to configure my laptop so that when I close the lid, the equipment continues to work and therefore working with it from using the external screen.
The truth is that the configuration is quite simple if you use Windows 10 as the operating system, so if you want to continue running your laptop when you close the lid, then we will show you step by step how to do it:
How to use the laptop even with the lid closed (Windows 10).
– Turn on your Windows 10 laptop.
– Right click on the battery icon in the right corner of the taskbar.
– When the drop-down menu is displayed, you will have to select the option: Energy options.
– This will open a screen in whose left menu you must select the option: Choose the behavior of the lid closure.
– Now you will be sent to a new screen where you should pay attention to the section: When closing the lid.
– This section offers two types of settings: When the laptop is using battery and 2 when the laptop is connected to AC power. Each of the settings has 4 possible settings: Do nothing, Sleep, Hibernate, and Shut down.
– In this case we must mark the option: DO NOTHING.
– Finally, you will only have to click on the button: save Changes.
From this moment the laptop will NOT turn off when closing the lid or screen. It also won’t go into hibernation or sleep. In this case, the laptop will continue to function and run all the programs just as it would if we had the screen open.
Leave a Reply