Twitter continues to improve its platform to offer the best possible user experience. Until now when a user posted a Tweet and other users replied to said Tweet, these responses can be read just below the original Tweet. However, this reply mechanic can sometimes make the original Tweet user uncomfortable as some of the unwanted replies may be placed in the first position.
Related: How to follow and manage Topics on Twitter (App and Web)
The Tweets replies shown at the top are generally the ones that elicit the most reactions: Most likes, most retweets, most replies (to reply), etc. This mechanism that a priori may seem coherent, the truth is that it can be dangerous since any user can make their response the most prominent (shown first) if a large number of like-minded users or even bots, react to this Tweets .
Let’s say that until now the most prominent response to a tweet could be faked. Well, to avoid this type of situation, now the user who publishes a Tweet can hide responses to said Tweet. In this way, if said user observes that a reply to his tweet is suspiciously being pushed to the top in an artificial way, he can now hide it.
Being able to hide replies to your Tweets can also be of great help to avoid bullies or trolls that only want to offend other users. If you find a comment offensive, you can easily hide it, not only from your eyes, but also from the view of other users.
This function is now available to all Twitter users, whether they are the Web version as well as the Twitter app for Android, iPhone or iPad. That said, below we show you step by step how to hide responses to your Tweets on Twitter:
How to hide Tweets replies in the official Twitter app and web version.
– Access Twitter, either on the Web or in the official app.
– Here you will have to locate the Tweet from which you want to hide the answer.
– Select said Tweet to show it in full screen and scroll down until you find the comment you want to hide.
– Click or tap on the down arrow icon located at the top right of the answer.
– This will show a menu of options from which you must select the option: Hide Answer.
– A screen will automatically be displayed in which you will have to confirm that you want to hide said reply from your Tweet.
– This will cause this answer to be transferred to the Hidden Answers section.
– In addition, you will also be offered the option to Block the user from the answer you want to hide.
How to see the hidden responses of a Tweet.
– Get on the Tweet in full screen.
– To access the hidden answers you must press or click on an icon located at the bottom right of the original Tweet.
– Once you are in the hidden answers section, you can show it again by simply selecting the arrow-shaped icon next to the answer.
– When the menu is displayed you must select the option. Stop hiding the answer.
– This will bring the reply back to the bottom of the Tweet as well as regain its position among the replies to the Tweet.
It should be noted that when you hide an answer, it is only hidden from the naked eye of users, however they can still see it if they access the section of answers hidden by the Tweet user.
Leave a Reply