Netflix is taking the privacy of its users and the customization of its platform very seriously; that’s why now it allows you to hide movies and series from your library. Either because you’re tired of Netflix continually recommending the same movie or series, or you don’t want other users like your children to be able to watch a specific series or movie, now it can prevent Netflix from showing it again.
Related: How to know who connects to your Netflix account.
Until now, many users were upset by the fact that Netflix bombarded them with suggestions for movies and series in which they were not interested. This could be considered by many Netflix users as a kind of spam. Faced with such a number of disgruntled users requesting more customization options for their Netflix accounts and library, the platform has launched a new function that allows you to view or delete specific series or movies so that they are no longer shown.
But the benefits of this new function can be twofold, since it can be used as parental control. If you are a Netflix user in which you have created several profiles and one is for your children, now you can hide Netflix movies and series that you do not want them to see under any circumstances.
It should be noted that this configuration is specific to each profile. When you hide a title for a Netflix profile, other profiles will still be able to see it. If you want to hide any movies or series, it is really advisable to protect your Netflix profile with a PIN. This will prevent children from leaving their own profile restricted and accessing hidden movies or series from your profile.
Below we show you step by step how to hide or delete specific series from your Netflix profile so that they are no longer displayed as suggestions or that it is not accessible to your children’s profile:
How to hide and delete series from your Netflix account as well as use it as a parental control.
1) Open your web browser and go to Netflix.com
2) Log into your Netflix account.
3) Access the profile in which you want to hide a series or movie.
4) Click on the profile icon in the upper right corner. In the menu select: Account
5) On the next screen scroll down to: Profiles and parental controls.
6) Click on your profile again here.
7) In the options shown you will have to click on: View restrictions.
8) Now you will have to enter your account password to be able to make these changes.
9) On the next screen you will have several ways to hide series and movies:
- – Hiding all the movies and series using the Pegi labels: For all audiences, For more than 7 years, For more than 7, For more than 13, For more than 16 and For more than 18.
- – Mark the profile as For Children. This will show only child titles on this profile.
- – Title restrictions. Here you can enter the title of the series and / or program that you want to hide from this specific profile.
10) Once everything is configured according to your needs and preferences, you only have to click on the button: Save.
From this moment on, the newly configured profile will stop showing the movie (s) and series indicated through the newly displayed configuration.
Without a doubt, this function will allow users to have greater control over the content displayed on the Netflix platform interface as well as become a powerful parental control tool.
Leave a Reply