Surely from time to time you have viewed an interesting video on the social network Twitter. These videos can be shared by default, making use of the Tweet share function offered by the Twitter social network itself. However, this function does not satisfy the needs of all users since in reality what we do is share the Tweet but not the video as such.
Related: How to post Live Photos as GIF on Twitter (iPhone)
This makes many users wonder if there is any possibility of downloading Twitter videos locally in MP4 format to later be able to share it freely through other social networks or even physically / locally. It should be noted that sharing or publishing videos downloaded from Twitter can lead to a plagiarism conflict as long as the source or creator is not correctly mentioned.
This possible mistake is not made if we share a Twitter video by default, since by publishing the video Tweet, you are intrinsically contributing the source of said video. In the case of downloading a video from Twitter, we will have to keep this aspect more in mind and above all not fall into the illegitimate authorship of said content.
Anyway, if you want to download the video of a Twitter Tweet there is a way to do it and get it in a local file. However, to download it we must use a third-party service. Here’s how to download Twitter videos:
How to download any video from Twitter.
– Go to Twitter and once here locate the video (Video Tweet)
– Now you will have to copy the link of the Tweet that contains the video.
– The next step will be to open your Web browser and go to: twittervideodownloader.com/
– This will show the interface in which you will have to enter the URL copy of the Tweet of the video you want to download.
– Once pasted, you must click on the blue button: Download
– After clicking on this button, it will take you to a new screen where all the download options will be shown, that is, different qualities of the video to download with their corresponding weight.
– Click on the “Download Video” button of the video quality you want.
– A new browser tab will open with the video player from which you will have to click on the three-dot icon that will reveal a menu in which you will have to select the option: Download
– The video will automatically begin to download and store on your device.
– From now on you can use the MP4 file wherever you want.
Important note: As we have mentioned previously, you should NOT attribute the authorship of the video that you just downloaded from Twitter. It would not hurt to also cite the author or origin of the video when you share it.
Leave a Reply