Today, almost any social network allows live video streaming, such as Facebook. This function allows us to share in real time whatever we are doing and allow any friend, acquaintance or even stranger to view it in the first person. Streaming has become a popular feature on Facebook.
Related: How to access all photos shared on Messenger (Facebook)
The problem is that when you have a lot of Facebook friends who like to broadcast just about anything they are doing, it can be quite annoying to get the constant annoying default notifications for Facebook live videos.
These Facebook live video notifications can start to get annoying if you don’t want to watch your friends make breakfast via Facebook or do any other nonsensical bullshit. It is at this point that you may wonder; How can I disable Facebook Live Video Notifications?
In case you are not familiar with Facebook Live and therefore with its notifications, you should know that Facebook Live is the name of the live streaming function of the platform. It allows anyone using Facebook to stream live video and audio from their phone, tablet, or even desktop (using a webcam). This makes it easy to share what you are doing in real time, and you can even save the video for other users to view later.
In this tutorial we will focus on how to disable Facebook Live notifications. By default, Facebook has Facebook Live notifications turned on to alert you every time a user goes live. If your friends tend to stream live video too often, you probably don’t want to receive these notifications.
In this article we will show you how to disable Facebook Live notifications on your computer, Android phone and iPhone:
1. How to disable Facebook Live notifications on your computer
– Open your web browser, go to the Facebook website and log in with your user account.
– Then you will have to click on the small arrow in the upper right corner of the interval. When the drop-down menu is displayed, you must select the option Setting.
– In this new screen you will have to select the section: Notifications.
– Here you will see several categories of notifications that you can adjust. Among all of them you will have to choose the one that refers to: Videos.
– When it expands, you will see a switch that you will have to deactivate next to the option: Allow notifications on Facebook.
– As soon as you have deactivated this switch, you will automatically stop receiving notifications for live video transmissions.
Note: If you only want to deactivate notifications for a specific page or user, you should go to their profile and place the mouse cursor over the Following button. In the menu you will see the notifications section under which you must click on the option: All deactivated.
2. How to disable Facebook Live notifications on Android
You can also disable Facebook Live notifications from your Android device.
– For this you will have to open the Facebook application and click on the Menu in the upper bar, represented by the icon of three horizontal lines.
– Now, scroll down and expand the section Settings and Privacy for row followed select option Setting.
– On this screen, scroll down to the Notifications section. Click on the section: Notification settings.
– Just like on the desktop, here you will find a Video setup. After clicking on it, then deactivate the switch next to the option: Allow notifications on Facebook.
– From now on all Facebook Live notifications will be disabled.
Note: To disable only Facebook Live notifications for a particular page or user, you will have to go to their profile. Click on the three-dot button to access an additional menu, then click on the Following button to access the notification settings. Here, you will have to select the option: Edit notification settings and check the Off option.
3. How to disable Facebook Live notifications on iPhone
The process for disabling Facebook Live notifications in the Facebook iOS app is essentially identical to the Android instructions.
– Open the Facebook app.
– Click on the button Menu of three horizontal lines.
– Navigate to Settings and privacy> Settings
– Scroll down to: Notification settings.
– In this section, select the section: Videos
– Finally deactivate the slider: Allow notifications on Facebook.
Note: The process for turning off notifications for a specific page or user is also the same as on Android.