Netflix has become so popular that topics such as: Makes a blanket day and Netflix are beginning to be heard. Obviously the platform offers unparalleled entertainment with a huge range of movies and series to choose from. In addition, Netflix provides its users with numerous tools and options to make it easier for users to use the platform.
Related: How to disable trailer playback in thumbnails | Netflix
One of the most outstanding features of Netflix is the auto-playback of chapters when the previous one has finished. This function allows you to view the chapters of a series without having to interact with the device from which you are playing the content. In this way when you finish a chapter, automatically, after several seconds the next chapter will start to play.
Without a doubt, this function is a great advantage, however it may be a nuisance in the event that you fall asleep while viewing a chapter of your favorite series. This usually happens often, night comes, you put on the episode of a series and after 20 minutes you fall asleep on the sofa or bed. As the automatic playback of subsequent chapters is on by default, after falling asleep and finishing the chapter you were watching, the next chapter will start to play and so on.
In my case, it has happened that up to 3 more chapters have been played than I was viewing at the time I fell asleep. This is an inconvenience since the next day when you want to play the chapter you were watching at the exact moment you fall asleep, it can be somewhat complicated. Now there is no reference to that exact point where you left off. What’s more, the last viewed chapter you didn’t even see because you fell asleep.
Fortunately, to avoid this type of situation, Netflix offers the possibility of deactivating the automatic playback of the next chapter of a series. Here’s how to do it:
How to disable the option: Automatically play the next episode of a series on all devices on Netflix
– Open Netflix in your browser and access your account.
– After selecting your profile you will be directed to the main Netflix page
– Hover your mouse over the profile image in the upper right part of the interface.
– In the displayed menu you have to select the option: Manage profiles.
– You will be directed to a new page where you will have to select your account / profile.
– On the next screen you will find a series of configuration options. Among these options you will find the option: Automatically play the next episode of a series on all devices.
– This function is checked and therefore activated by default. In our case, to be able to deactivate it, you will only have to disable the box of said option.
-For the new setting to take effect, you will have to click on the button: Save and finally on Done.
Now when you fall asleep while playing an episode on Netflix, the next chapter will not start playing when the one you are watching ends.
It should be noted that these changes will affect all devices, that is, it does not matter from which device you are viewing the Netflix chapter, the next episode will not be played automatically.
Leave a Reply