Instagram is one of the most popular social networks today globally. This app and social network based on Photos and videos has a section where you can access relevant photos and videos, based on the publications you like and the profiles you follow. The publications shown under the second section of Instagram are also related to searches carried out within the social network.
Related: Solution: I am not receiving Instagram notifications (Android and iPhone)
Instagram offers users, through the section represented in the magnifying glass icon, the possibility of carrying out searches using the desired term and obtaining results grouped in several sub-categories such as: Featured Posts, Accounts, Hashtags and Places. For this, the section presents a search box at the top of the screen.
Here you will only have to enter the term in which you are interested and press the search button in a row. This will display all search results for each of the aforementioned search subcategories.
All searches made on Instagram will be saved by Instagram, in what is known as Instagram search history. This history is used by the social network to show you related content within the Discover section of the social network. This tracking is the one that many users may not like and it is a strong reason to delete the search history of Instagram.
Privacy is something that you should really worry about and if you do not like that a social network like Instagram stores information relevant to the use you make of it, deleting your search history should be one of the first things you should do. Obviously this should be done every time you search within the Instagram app, either on Android or iPhone.
That said, below we want to tell you in detail how to delete the Instagram search history for iOS or Android:
How to delete Instagram search history on Android and iPhone.
– Open the Instagram app and access your Profile Click on your profile picture located in the lower right corner of the interface.
– Once in your profile you will have to click on the icon with three horizontal stripes in the upper right part of the screen to display the options menu, where you will have to select the option Setting.
– In the new configuration screen we will have to go to the option Security.
– Under this section will be where you find the option: Clear Search History.
– Later you will have to confirm twice the deletion of the Instagram Search History.
Note: It should be noted that even if you delete your Instagram search history, some accounts that you have searched for are still displayed as suggested results. However, you can delete them individually.
How to delete searches and suggestions from Instagram search history on Android and iPhone manually and specifically.
– In this case, you just have to access the Instagram search and click on the search field.
– This will bring up a list of suggestions in which you can delete the search suggestions that you do not want to see again by simply clicking on the X-shaped icon to the right of said suggestion.
Leave a Reply