Facebook Messenger, like other messaging services, allows the creation and use of group chats. In this way, a group of friends or acquaintances can have a conversation through text messages. In addition, in the Messenger chat groups they will also be able to send and receive files.
Related: How to mark a Messenger conversation as Unread.
During the process of creating this chat group, the user who creates it will be able to name it as he wishes, in order that the participants can identify them among all the other chats that he has in his Messenger profile.
What many users do not know is that the title of a Messenger chat group can be modified by another at any time, either to correct a mistake or to change the name of a group chat.
Users will be able to change the name of a group chat from Android or iPhone devices as well as from the web version for PC. This is precisely what we want to show you in this tutorial. Learn how to change the name of a group chat from your Android phone, iPhone or PC:
How to change the name of a group Messenger chat from Android.
– Open the Messenger app on your Android phone and access the group chat whose name you want to change.
– Once inside the group chat you will have to click on the “i” icon located in the upper right corner of the screen.
– This will take you to a screen where you will have to click on the name of the group (or name of the participants).
– Now a small window will be exposed in which you can provide the new name of the Messenger group.
– Click on the Save button to confirm the changes.
– From this moment on, the Messenger group chat can be identified by the new name.
How to modify the name of a group Messenger chat from iPhone.
– Open the Messenger application on your iPhone.
– Locate and access said group chat.
– Click on the current name of the group (or on the names of its participants)
– This will take you to a new screen where you will have to click on the Edit option located in the upper right corner of the screen.
– This will show a menu in which you must select the option: Change Name.
– When the small window is shown you must enter the new name that you want the group to have and click on the save button for the changes to take effect.
How to change the name of a group Messenger chat from your PC (Web).
– Open your browser and access Facebook from where you will have to go to the Messenger section: https://www.facebook.com/messages
– Once here, locate and access the group chat.
– When the chat is shown in full screen, we must go to the right part of the screen and just below the profile images of the participants you will find the name of the group.
– Click on said name to proceed to change it or enter a new one.
Leave a Reply