At Downloadsoruce.es we have already told you on more than one occasion about the most popular private driver service or VTC in the world: Uber. This service has revolutionized public transport thanks to its flexibility and the payment methods to be used within the app quickly and easily. Any user can add several payment methods to their user profile, however only one of them is considered the default payment method.
Related: How to request a refund for an Uber cancellation.
The default payment method will be the one that will be used automatically when we pay for a ride with Uber. It is true that the Uber app always allows you to choose the credit card with which to pay for a race, but if this is different from the default payment method, you will have to indicate it manually.
To facilitate and automate payment methods in Uber as much as possible, the app for both Android and iPhone offers the possibility of changing the default payment method of your Uber account. In this way you can pay automatically with the card you want in Uber.
That said, below we show you step by step how to change the default payment method in your UBER account:
How to change the default payment method in Uber (Android and iPhone)
1. Open the Uber app on your Android or iPhone device.
2. Click on the icon in the form of three horizontal lines.
3. In the displayed menu you will have to select the option: Payment
4. The next screen will show all the added payment methods. Just below you will find the section: Travel profiles.
5. In this section choose your personal profile or work profile.
6. Now the preferences will be displayed and one of them is: Default payment.
7. After clicking on this option, you will see all the cards added to your Uber account.
8. Select the payment method you want to be the default
9. Ready, now when you proceed a race is completed and charged to your account, the credit card or payment method configured as default will be used.
From this moment on, Uber races will be automatically charged to the desired credit card.
Leave a Reply