Skype is possible together with FaceTime, the world’s most widely used video calling software. The advantage of Skype is not only its large number of functions, but also the possibility of using it from practically any device, be it mobile or desktop. However, the strong point of Skype is still its enormous possibilities and options that make available to users the possibility of blurring the background during a video call, keeping focused only on the person or people shown in the foreground.
Another topic that may interest you: How to disable the confirmation of read messages in Skype.
The new option blur skype background is available at the moment, only for desktop devices with Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems. This means that now you will not have to worry about what appears in the background since you can blur it automatically, keeping only your person or that of the people who appear next to you in the foreground in focus.
Background lighting is built into the latest Skype for Desktop update by default, so there is no need to install any third-party software or plug-ins. In addition, the configuration of this option is fully automatic, that is, we do not have to adjust anything since Skype will analyze the video image captured by the Web camera of our computer or laptop and will recognize the person or persons shown in the foreground to So blur the background from the rest of the video image.
Undoubtedly, this function is very useful especially when we do not want our interlocutor to see the things that happen or is behind you. This way, you will not only be able to hide objects or people that are not relevant, but you will also be able to keep the focus of your interlocutor’s attention focused on the conversation much better.
If you want to make video calls with defocused wallpaper through Skype, you just have to follow the steps indicated below:
How to make video calls on Skype with the background blurred.
– The first thing to do is to make sure that you have the latest version of Skype, for this you will have to open the Skype program on your computer and then access the software Settings. Right in the Help and Comments section you will be able to know your Skype is updated to the latest version, if not, here you will also be offered the download and installation of the latest version of Skype.
– When we are sure that we have the correct version of Skype, you will have to carry out the video call with the desired person. As soon as the video call is accepted, you must click on the icon in the form of three ellipsis located in the lower right corner of the screen and that will give you access to a menu in which you will have to select the option: Choose background effect.
– This will open a new window in which you will find the section with the same name: Choose background effect. Under this section you will find the option: Blur. Click on it.
– From this moment on, the background of the captured image captured by your Web camera will be blurred and only the image of you or the people who appear in the foreground will be displayed.
– Close the settings window and continue with your video call as usual. You must bear in mind that if someone is standing behind you, it will also be recognized as the background and therefore it will also be blurred.
– To deactivate the function you will only have to repeat this operation and deactivate the function: blur my skype background. At that time, the video call will capture the entire image from your Web camera showing everything that it captures, with nothing blurred.
Alternative: Currently not available
Perhaps a faster and easier alternative will be to start the video call and then right-click on the Video Camera icon located in the lower center of the video call interface. This will bring up a small window showing the image captured by your webcam.
In this small window you will find the function: Blur my background. As with the previous method, you must activate the switch so that the background of the video image captured by the Web camera of your computer is automatically blurred.
Leave a Reply