Most of the users of the social network and app TikTok are minors, which is creating a great controversy. On TikTok, the vast majority of content is harmless, however there is always the possibility that the little ones will come across some inappropriate content. It is for these kinds of reasons that many parents have long demanded the incorporation of parental controls.
Related: How to permanently delete your TikTok account
Well, finally TikTok has started to incorporate a new feature called: Family Safety Mode. This new feature will allow parents to control the activity of their underage children. Specifically, you will be able to control all the options under the section: Digital detoxification. In other words, you can control:
Time management on screen: control how much time your son or daughter can spend on TikTok each day.
Direct messages: limit who can send messages to the connected account or completely disable direct messaging.
Restricted Mode: restricts certain types of content that may not be appropriate for all audiences.
The essential requirements to be able to activate and use the parental control of TikTok (Family safety mode), both the minor and their guardian (father or mother) must have a TikTok account. These accounts must be linked so that parents can limit or restrict certain functions or actions on their children’s TikTok accounts.
That said, below we show you step by step how to activate TikTok parental control (Family safety mode):
How to activate the Family Safe Mode of TikTok for iPhone and Android in order to improve parental control.
1. The adult must open the TikTok apps and access the profiles of both your child and his.
2. On both devices you must go to Settings by clicking on the icon in the form of three ellipsis (upper right corner of the screen)
3. Once in the configuration you must access the option: Digital detoxification.
4. This will take you to a screen where you will have to select the option: Family safety mode
5. A screen will be displayed offering a brief explanation of what the Family Safety Mode consists of. Click on Continue.
6. On the next screen you will have to indicate which is the adult’s telephone number and which is the minor’s.
7. This will cause a QR code to be displayed which must be scanned by the adult device.
From this moment on, the child will not be able to access the settings: Screen time management, Direct messages and Restricted mode. In order to access and change the settings of these options, it will be necessary to enter the adult password.
Leave a Reply