If you are an Instagram user, you are sure that from time to time, after scrolling through the public feed of posts, you have come across a carousel of suggested profiles to follow. These suggestions are based on publications that you have liked, that you have visited, or even related to the hashtags that you have used in your own publications.
Relating: How to clear Instagram search history.
As is evident, this also happens by default with your profile; that is, your profile will be shown as a suggestion to other Instagram users. In this way, from time to time you can observe how certain users with whom you apparently have no relationship, begin to follow you.
This is probably due to the fact that your profile appeared as a suggestion to these users as they have similar tastes. This a priori is something really good for anyone who has a profile on Instagram, since the most popular objective is to get followers and likes in your publications.
However, on the other hand, there are other types of users more concerned about their privacy and security. In these cases, the option of profile suggestions may not be to the liking of this type of user. Therefore, these users will not want to include your account when recommending similar accounts that other people may be interested in following.
Fortunately, Instagram, although the suggestions of your profile to other users, is active by default, the social network offers you the possibility to deactivate it. That said, below we want to show you step by step how to prevent your Instagram profile from appearing in the suggestions to follow of other users:
How to prevent your Instagram profile from showing as a suggestion.
– The first thing you should know is that this option cannot be deactivated from the official Instagram application for Android or iPhone. Therefore, you will have to access Instagram.com from the web browser of your computer or your mobile device.
– Once you have logged into your account, you must go to your profile to access the option: Edit profile.
– It will be here where you must scroll to the bottom of the screen until you find the option that says:
Include your account when recommending similar accounts that other people may be interested in following.
– As you can see, the box for said option will be checked. Therefore, to deactivate the suggestions of your Instagram profile to other users, you must uncheck the box of said option.
– Once the box is unchecked, you will not be able to forget to click the blue button Send to save the changes.
From this moment on, your Instagram profile will no longer appear in the suggestions of other users, so they will not be able to follow you from the suggestions. Instead to follow you, they will have to go to your profile directly and from there follow your profile.
Leave a Reply