If you are proceeding to create or personalize a Web page using WordPress, you may have encountered several unforeseen events despite how easy it is to use the WP control panel. One of the most common unforeseen events that a user encounters with the impossibility of adding product categories to the menu of your Website or Footer.
Relating: Main differences between WordPress.org and WordPress.com
One of the most important points of a website is the way in which users navigate. Specifically, a Web page must be easy for visitors to navigate and for this the owners of the Webs create menus in the Header or Top Bar of the Web. This aspect is even more important in Webs / online stores since in this case it is intended that the user can enhance the purchase in a few clicks.
To streamline this aspect, it is essential that menus are created that lead directly to the categories of the products that are for sale. WordPress has a category section that can be applied to Post, however in this case we are referring to the Woocommerce product categories for WordPress.
The problem occurs when we have the product categories created in Woocommerce and we proceed to the creation of a menu in which these categories are included. It is when we try to add the categories to the store menu that we want to show in the Header of the Web, but nevertheless, there is no product category that we can add to the menu.
If you find yourself in this situation, then we want to show you step by step how to solve the problem and manage to add Wocommerce product categories to the main menu of your WordPress website:
How to add Woocommerce product categories in the WordPress menu
– We assume that you have already created the product categories within Wocommerce.
– From the WordPress control panel of your website you will have to go to: Appearance> Menus
– Once here when you want to add product categories, you will realize that if you try to add categories to the menu, nothing will be shown under this section or the categories of the posts will be shown but not the categories of the products. This is because this section is not the one for Wocommerce product categories.
– In the menu editing screen you will have to click on the tab: Screen Options
– This revealed a menu with all the sections that can be used in your WP menu.
– Here you will have to check the option box: Product categories
– This will automatically display the section of: Product Categories in the menu sections and on which you will have to click so that all these categories are displayed automatically.
– Now you only have to mark the product categories that you want to add to the menu or sub-menu. Finally, to confirm the inclusion of the categories in the menu of your website you must click on the blue button: Add Menu (Add to Menu).
– Finally, you only have to click on the blue Save Menu button for all changes to take effect.
From this moment on, the different categories of products indicated by you will appear in the Header menu of your website.
Leave a Reply