Connectivity between devices is something that users demand more and more every day, however the limit of this connectivity must always be privacy. Nobody wants for example their iPhone to connect to a local network or to another device without us knowing. This is what iPhone with its new iOS is preventing and is that from now on when any of the apps installed on our device, tries to connect to another such as Chromecast using the local network to which both are connected, you will be notified and you must approve this connection expressly.
Related: How to activate and use picture-in-picture playback | iPhone
Until now, when for example we try to watch a Netflix or Amazon Video series on our television using Chromecast, we only had to click on the streaming icon that is displayed on the player screen. This made that automatically, the content will be transmitted from your iPhone to the TV using the local Wi-Fi network to which both are connected.
Now after the new iOS update, when we try to send the video from our iPhone to the TV via Chromecast, we will receive a notification in which we are asked if we allow said app to use the local network to connect to other devices. In case of accepting this request, we will not be asked again for this action.
However, the problem occurs in the case of canceling this permission. In this case, the app will not show us the option to share the content via casting using Chromecast. This is why many users currently complain that after updating their iPhone to the new iOS, suddenly they do not have the option to share the content of their favorite apps such as YouTube, Netflix, Facebook or Amazon Video with their television via Chromecast or any other Cast service.
Fortunately, iPhone users will still be able to send their content to another device even if the first time they were asked they did not allow it. For this we will have to make use of the iPhone configuration and then we will show you how to do it.
How to allow your iPhone to find and connect with other devices within the same local Wi-Fi network and thus share content from your apps such as YouTube, Netflix, etc. with your TV and others.
1. Open the app Settings
2. Select the option: Privacy
3. Here you have to go to: Local network
4. Now you will have access to the list of apps that have already requested permission to find devices on your local network and communicate with them.
5. Here you can activate or deactivate the permissions specifically for each of the apps.
6. Once we have activated this setting for any of the apps, the option to send content to another device will automatically be available to be used from within the newly activated app.
Alternative to enable or disable access to the local network for your iPhone apps.
Alternatively, you can also activate or deactivate the function to find other devices connected to the same local network as your iPhone from the specific settings of each app. For it:
1. Open the app: Settings.
2. Scroll down until you find and select the app you are interested in configuring.
3. Once inside, if said app has functions that require finding other devices within the local network, the option will be displayed: Local network.
4. Activate the switch displayed along with said option so that the option of sharing content with other users is automatically available again in said app.
Leave a Reply