Apple mobile devices like iPhone have increasingly powerful and better quality cameras. It is known to everyone that iPhones have a slow motion function that allows you to record video at a much slower speed than how the video has been recorded. However, the iPhone camera does not have a quick camera feature by default.
Related: How to rotate videos and photos on iPhone or iPad. (iOS)
As we have said, there is no fast camera function in the Camera app of your iPhone by DEFAULT. This does not mean that we can use an already recorded video and edit it so that it plays in fast motion. The downside is that the video editor is built into the iPhone Photos app by default.
Video editing in the Photos app is pretty basic as it only allows cropping, straightening, image editing, applying filters, and little else. However, in case you want to accelerate the playback speed of a video, you will need to use the official Apple app for video editing, called: iMovie
That said, below we show you step by step how to speed up the playback speed of a video recorded from the camera of your iPhone with iOS:
How to convert video to fast motion on iPhone (or slow motion)
– The first thing you will have to do is download and install the iMovie app on your iPhone.
– Once installed you will have to open it and press the option: Create project.
– Select the Movie option.
– Now you will be directed to the library where you will have to select the video you want to increase the speed and click on the button: Create movie.
– At this point the video editor will be shown in which you will have to click on the Timeline.
-This will bring up a series of editing options.
– Among them you will have to click on the icon in the form of a speedometer.
– This will reveal a slider which you must move to the right to increase the video playback speed to a maximum of twice the original speed.
– Obviously, this change in speed will decrease the length of the video to a greater or lesser extent.
– Once you have increased the speed to the level you want, you will have to click on the done button located in the upper left corner of the screen.
-Automatically the newly edited video will be shown in fast motion. This video can be previewed.
– On the other hand, you can save the video in fast motion in the Photos app of your iPhone so that later you can use it as you wish.
Without a doubt, the best thing would be that the camera of your iPhone will incorporate this fast camera function, which may happen in the future. However, in the meantime, we will be forced to use the iMovie app.
Using the iMovie app will not only allow you to convert a standard speed video into a slow motion video. It will also allow you to edit the video to reduce its playback speed or what is the same, convert the videos to slow motion.
Leave a Reply