Your GoPro camera allows you to connect with the official app of your iPhone thanks to which it allows you to control the camera or view the content of the GoPro camera directly from your iOS device. To be able to use this function you will need to connect your camera with your iPhone through a Wi-Fi network that your own GoPro creates. However, what happens if you can’t connect your iPhone with your GoPro camera?
Related: Solution: GoPro camera is not recognized by your PC (Windows)
Until now there were several possible problems that prevented the connection between your iPhone and your GoPro camera. These errors were almost always fixed by simply restarting your GoPro camera. However, after the last update to iOS 14, connectivity problems are increasing.
Specifically, I recently purchased the new iPhone 12 Pro with iOS 14 and when I tried to connect the iPhone with the GoPro camera, although it showed as connected, the truth is that it did not allow me to access the camera content or control it remotely. But the strangest thing was that my iPhone 8, which I had previously connected with the camera, did not connect correctly with the GoPro either. Therefore, the error had to be related to the iOS 14 version that I had upgraded to and not as much as the device model.
The errors that were presented to me were:
– We were unable to connect to your GoPro.
– We had a problem connecting to your GoPro.
After trying to solve the problem, we have managed to determine that the problem is related to the new access permissions to the local network that are incorporated in the iOS version 14 and higher on our iPhone or iPad.
That said, below we show you step by step how to solve the connectivity problems between your iPhone and the GoPro camera that prevents you from controlling it or accessing the photos and videos inside after updating to iOS 14 or higher:
How to solve the problem that prevents connecting your GoPro with iPhone after updating to iOS 14 or higher.
Access your Settings app.
1. Access your app: Settings.
2. Go to the App: Gopro
3. Here make sure to turn on the option switch: Local network.
Note: If it is activated, we recommend that you deactivate it and reactivate it.
Important note: If the Local Network configuration does not appear in the Gopro app configuration, you will have to restart your iPhone and you will see how this configuration is now present. This should be done especially if you have just updated iOS on your iPhone.
Disable Mac address.
1. Access: Settings
2. Then go to the option: Wifi
3. Find the WiFi network of your GoPro camera and click on the “i” button
4. This takes you to a new screen where you will have to deactivate the switch next to the option: Private address.
5. Now check again if you can access the photos and videos of your GoPro camera or control it from your iPhone.
6. Finally, click on the button: reconnect.
Forget the Wifi password of your GoPro.
1. Go to: Wifi Settings
2. Click on the “i” displayed next to the Wi-Fi network of your GoPro.
3. In the new screen you have to select the option: Skip this network.
4. Now you will have to redo the connection process between your iPhone and GoPro camera.
Important note: This will involve entering the password for the Wi-Fi network which you can find on the GoPro camera in: “Camera Information”, use the Wi-Fi password of your GoPro and enter it manually.
Leave a Reply