More and more users decide to turn Facebook Messenger into their favorite messaging application to maintain chats and conversations with other users to the detriment of others such as WhatsApp. However, many users are wary of using Messenger for fear of not being able to converse with contacts who are not friends of yours on the social network Facebook. Well you should know that Facebook Messenger allows you to add the contacts from your Android or iPhone phone book.
Related: How to access all photos shared on Messenger (Facebook)
By default, Messenger allows you to contact your Facebook friends but not your phonebook contacts. Many users mistakenly believe that if they want to contact people through their phone number, we should use other apps like WhatsApp. However, Facebook Messenger also allows you to have conversations with other users through their phone numbers.
As we have mentioned, by default, Messenger only allows you to receive and send messages to your Facebook friends, so if you also want to contact the contacts in your calendar, you must synchronize their phone numbers with the Facebook Messenger application. This synchronization of contacts in the Messenger app is an easy task, you just have to follow the steps in the following guide:
How to sync your Facebook Messenger contacts (Android or iPhone)
– To synchronize the contacts of your mobile phone (Android or iPhone) with the Facebook Messenger app, you will have to open the messaging application and click on the icon in the form of a “bust of people” located in the lower central part.
– When you are in the indicated section, you must select the bust icon with the + sign located in the upper right corner of the screen.
– This will take you to a new screen where you will have access to the option: Upload Contacts.
– After clicking on this option, a message will be displayed from which you can activate this function. By enabling it, Messenger and Facebook will suggest connections that they might be interested in; That way you can connect with each of the contacts in your guide that has a Facebook profile.
– Another way to synchronize the contacts of the guide of your Android phone or iPhone is by opening the Messenger app and once inside, click on your profile photo.
– This takes you to a screen where you will have to select the People option.
– In the next screen you will first find the option Upload Contacts in which you will have to press to activate it.
How to disable syncing your Facebook Messenger contacts (Android or iPhone)
– If at any time you regret or do not want Messenger to have access to the contacts in your calendar, you can deactivate said synchronization by carrying out the same steps shown for its activation.
– In this case when the option is activated, the last screen, instead of offering the Activate option now, the Deactivate option will be displayed.
Synchronizing your contacts with the Messenger app is a task that can be carried out quickly. The application will always ask you if you want to do this, the first time you install the Messenger app, but if you rejected it, you can reactivate it or deactivate it at any time.
Leave a Reply