At downloadsource.es we have already told you how the new WhatsApp function works that allows you to share and add contacts using QR codes. This is quite useful as it makes adding new users to chat with much faster, however it can also become a privacy breach since this code can reach third parties that you do not want to be added as a WhatsApp contact. To avoid this, WhatsApp allows you to reset your QR code.
Related: How to add contacts to WhatsApp using QR codes.
At present you have to be very careful with everything that is shared or published. This also affects WhatsApp QR codes since if this code ends up in the hands of the wrong person it can cause a barrage of unwanted contacts and start receiving Spam or worse.
If a user who owns your WhatsApp QR code were to post it in the wrong place or incite the misuse of mime, the consequences can be devastating. However, fortunately WhatsApp offers the possibility of resetting your QR code, in this way we can make the already shared code stop working.
When we reset our WhatsApp QR code, the previously shared ones will stop working, that is, from that moment on, no other user will be able to add you as a contact using the previous code or codes. Therefore, from downloadsource.es we strongly recommend that the WhatsApp QR code be reset periodically to prevent the old codes from being used with malicious intent.
With that said, below we show you how to deactivate the old Whatspp QR code by subtracting it and getting a new one by sharing your contact on Android or iPhone:
How to reset your WhatsApp QR code to deactivate the current one.
1. Open the WhatsApp app on your Android or iPhone device.
2. Once in the interface you will have to access the configuration:
– On Android: Click on the three vertical dots and in the menu select the option Settings.
– On iPhone: Click on the section Setting at the bottom right of the screen.
3. When you stand in the Setting you will have to click on the icon in the form of a QR code located to the right of your username.
4. Now the actions to reset WhatsApp QR differs a bit between iPhone and Android:
– From Android: you will have to click on the icon with three Vertical points at the top left of the screen. This will reveal the option: Reset QR code. After selecting it you will have to confirm the action by clicking on Restore in the small pop-up window.
– From iPhone. You will have to click directly on the option: Reset QR code. This will show a menu in which we will have to click on the option: Restore.
5. From this moment on, the existing invitation code and link will stop working, so for other users to be able to add you as a WhatsApp contact you will have to share the newly restored QR code.
6. If someone tries to add you as a contact to WhatsApp using your old QR code, they will receive the message saying: The QR code is no longer valid.
Leave a Reply