Twitter is becoming a hotbed for fake news. As in most social networks, Twitter is being used to spread hoaxes and false news. This bad practice usually occurs and is increased when there are political tensions or when some elections are close. However, it is everyone’s responsibility to identify and fight against hoaxes and false news.
Related: How to Mute Twitter Threads on iPhone, Android, and the Web
Twitter long ago introduced a filter system in its algorithm to try to reduce the amount of false news or hoaxes. However, with millions of posts and in multiple languages, it makes the task of filtering out all misleading and even illegal content virtually impossible.
However, Twitter like other social networks offers users options to help them detect and remove misleading, illegal or inappropriate content. In this way, any user who views an illegal Tweet, hoax or Fake New, will be able to report it to Twitter so that it can investigate it and decide whether or not it complies with the community rules and ultimately proceed to its elimination.
It is the responsibility of Twitter users to keep the social network free of false, misleading and even dangerous content. So below we show you how to contribute to society by reporting illegal, false or hoax Tweets from the official Twitter app for Android and iPhone or the Web version for desktop:
How to report or report a Tweet from the Twitter app for iPhone or Android.
1. Open the Twitter app.
2. Locate the Tweet you want to report and click on it to display it specifically.
3. Click on the down arrow icon located in the upper right corner of it.
4. This will show a menu in which you will have to click on the option: Report Tweet.
5. This will take you to a new screen where you will have to indicate: What’s wrong with this Tweet?
6. Finally you will have to be more specific indicating the reason why you report the Tweet.
7. And voila, on the last screen, Twitter will thank you for your action and will also offer you the possibility to block or silence the user who wrote the reported Tweet.
How to report or report a Tweet from the Web version of Twitter for PC.
1. Open your web browser and go to Twitter.com where you will need to log into your account.
2. Once inside, you must locate the Tweet you want to report.
3. Click the down arrow icon located in the upper right corner of it.
4. When the menu is displayed, you will have to select the option: Report the Tweet.
5. This will take you through 2 screens where you will have to specify the reasons why you want to report said Tweet.
6. Lastly, Twitter will thank you for your cooperation and will also offer you the option to block or silence the Twitter account that posted the recently reported Tweet.
Note: You have to be responsible when using this function as it can be used fraudulently and to force the removal of completely legal and legal content. However, it should be noted that for a single report or complaint, in general, Tweets are not usually deleted. Deletion usually occurs when multiple Twitter users report the same Tweet.
Leave a Reply