If you are an iPhone user, you will know that the Health app is pre-installed on your iOS device. This app allows you to exhaustively track your activity thanks to the sensors on your iPhone. In this way, the app generates a profile with the steps taken, the distance traveled and specific information such as keystrokes that can be collected by linking other apps and peripherals compatible with your iPhone.
Related: How to use the Health application on your iPhone with iOS.
Data stored in the Health app on iPhone can be saved and exported for other uses. Maybe you want to export the data from the health app for use in another health or fitness app, importing it to another device or service, or you might want to use this data manually through a computer and another device.
Exporting the data stored in the Health app on your iPhone results in a compressed file in .ZIP format that contains the raw data as collected by the Health application in .XML format. This exported data about your health will include all data stored or collected by the Health app and linked devices, including medical identification data, the native iPhone step counter and distance tracker, Apple Watch data and Data collected from apps and devices that sync with Apple’s Health app, such as a smart heart rate monitor or heart rate monitor.
Below we show you step by step how to export all the data from the Health app of your iPhone in XLM format to be able to use it on any other device, software, etc.
How to export data from the Health app on your iPhone.
– Open the application Health from your iPhone.
– Click on the icon in the shape of a bust in the upper right corner of the screen that gives you access to your profile.
– Here you will have to scroll to the bottom of the Health profile and select the option: Export health data.
– This will cause a pop-up message to be displayed in which you will have to confirm the export of the health data. To do this, click on: To export.
– Now the iOS Share menu will open in which you will have to indicate the method or application you want to use to save or send the ZIP file with all your Health data.
Note: In my case I will send it by email so that I can download it and use it on my Windows computer.
– Once the compressed file is obtained ZIP with your Health data, you only have to unzip it to access the files XML that contain all your data.
As we mentioned before, the data from the Health application is exported in a ZIP file that contains the XML files. These XML files with your health data will be the ones that you should import into other health services, programs or applications compatible with this data format. Sometimes these services or applications are compatible with the ZIP format, so in this case you will not have to decompress the ZIP file.
Leave a Reply