IOS devices have the ability to install and use specific profiles and settings. These profiles allow you, for example, to use certain email services such as email accounts through an IMAP protocol or settings necessary for applications installed from outside the Apple Store.
Another interesting tutorial: How to gift items from the App Store and iTunes Store (iPhone and iPad)
However, you may not be aware that these profiles and settings remain installed on your iPhone or iPad even if we remove the apps or services that depend on these profiles and settings. On the other hand, these configuration profiles could pose a security risk. But don’t worry, we are going to tell you how to clean them.
Various experiments have shown that certain configuration profiles can be a hacker’s gateway to your iPhone or iPad. This is an extra reason for users to frequently check both the profiles they have installed and why. A configuration profile allows you to override or modify certain iPhone or iPad settings so that certain external services can function properly. Without a doubt, these configuration profiles can be very useful, as long as it is done correctly.
Some VPN providers use profiles to configure the iOS device so that users can remain anonymous when connected to the internet. It is precisely the same Apple that uses this same system to enroll devices in its beta programs. There are many legitimate reasons for these profiles, but that does not mean that they should remain installed on your iPhone or iPad for a long time if you no longer use them.
If you want to know how to delete or remove the configuration profiles that you have installed on your iPhone or iPad with iOS, here is how to do it:
How to find and delete configuration profiles on iPhone or iPad (iOS)
– To begin, the first thing we will have to do is open the Settings application of your device and then select the option general.
– On the next screen you will have to scroll to the end of the option list until you find and select the one that says: Profile and device management. Along with this option you will also be able to see the number of profiles installed on the device.
– After accessing this option, the screen will display all the configuration profiles that are installed, as well as other profiles that may allow the installation of the beta software. Click on the desired profile to see more information about it and, if necessary, delete it.
– If you observe that among the configuration profiles there is one that you do not know or that is not necessary, you can eliminate it by simply clicking on the option “Delete profile”.
– To complete the removal of the configuration profile on our iPhone or iPad, it will be necessary to enter our security code to carry out said removal.
Leave a Reply