Mobile devices such as iPhone and iPad are used today for basic daily tasks that we previously carried out in another way. An example of them is checking the time or taking a look at the calendar. In addition, iOS allows you to merge calendars to have everything organized in one place. For example, in the iPhone calendar you can contain the work, personal and vacation calendar in the same app.
Related: How to add Google Calendar to the Calendar app on iPhone or iPad (iOS)
Precisely the holiday calendar is one of the default calendars on iPhone or iPad iOS devices. This may not be to everyone’s liking as the excess of information on the calendar can be overwhelming and not to everyone’s taste. It is at this time that the user may ask: Can I delete the vacation or holiday calendar from the iPhone Calendar app? Well the answer is YES.
In my personal case, that I live between Spain and Poland, I verified that iPhone incorporated by default the calendars of Polish holidays and Spanish Holidays. This also caused many of the common holidays to appear duplicated in the Calendar app on my iPhone running iOS. Precisely the configuration that we show you below, was the one that allowed me to eliminate all duplicate vacations from the calendar.
Below we show you step by step how to delete the holiday calendar or any other, from the iPhone calendar app with iOS so that they stop showing within the application:
How to delete duplicate calendars or events from the iPhone app.
– All you have to do is open the iPhone Calendar app.
– When it opens you will have to click on the Calendars option at the bottom center of the screen
– This will show a list of all available and activated calendars within the iPhone app.
– On the left side of each of the calendars, colored circles will be displayed. You just have to click on the calendar you want to stop showing. This will make the colored circle appear white.
– Now you can go back to the detailed view to see how the annotations of the days of the deactivated calendar will no longer be shown.
It should be noted that this action is completely reversible, so at any time you can show the data and annotations of the previously deactivated calendar again.
Important Note: Sometimes deactivating the Holidays calendar in the iPhone app, you still continue to see the holidays. This is because you have the holidays marked in another of the calendars added in the iPhone Calendar app. In this case, you will have to deactivate another of the calendars or manually delete the Holidays from the other calendar that is responsible for keeping them displayed.
Leave a Reply