One of the most installed applications on mobile devices is the Spotify app. Thanks to it, users will be able to enjoy the world’s largest music library. It’s also free, so you won’t have to pay for anything to listen to your favorite music. In addition, if you use the Premium version, you can also download songs so that an internet connection is not necessary to play music.
Related: How to increase the quality of music on Spotify.
It should be noted that when we download songs, this will make the storage size occupied by your Spotify app much larger. But this is not all since the size occupied by the Spotify app will also increase with the simple use of the application. This is due to the information that Spotify caches.
This information stored in Spotify’s cache is used to streamline and personalize the use of the app in order to improve the user experience. These cached audio files can make the Spotify app appear to take up a large amount of storage space on your iPhone or Android.
Despite this, fortunately, Spotify offers a hidden feature within the app’s settings that allows you to easily delete all of Spotify’s local cache, making this feature a very useful tool to free up storage space on your Android device or iPhone.
This configuration also allows you to simply view how much storage space the Spotify cache occupies without being forced to delete it. Be that as it may, below we will show you step by step how to clear the cache memory of the Spotify app on both iPhone and Android:
How to clear Spotify cache on iPhone.
– Open the Spotify app on your iPhone.
– Click on the gear-shaped icon at the top right of the screen.
– In the Settings screen select the option: Storage.
– Here you will find all the details about the storage of Spotify compared to your iPhone. The space occupied by the cache will also be displayed here.
– To clear the Spotify cache you will only have to click on the button: Clear Cache.
– Confirm the clearing of the Spotify cache by clicking again on the Clear Cache option shown in the pop-up message.
From this moment on, the space previously occupied by the Spotify Cache will be 0 and therefore the space previously occupied will be automatically freed.
How to clear Spotify cache on Android.
– Access the Spotify app on your Android device
– Once inside, click on the gear-shaped icon.
– On the next screen you will have to scroll down until you find the Storage section.
– Under it you will find the storage details among which is the size occupied by the Spotify cache.
– If you want to delete it, you just have to click on the option: Clear cache.
– This will show a pop-up window in which you will have to confirm the cache clearing by clicking on the Green button.
After confirming the clearing of Spotify cache on Android, you will see how the cache section disappears in the Storage information, so the previously occupied space will be released and ready to be used for other purposes.
Leave a Reply