Instagram has just turned 10 years of existence. The photo-based social network was launched on October 6, 2010. Few were those who could imagine that a decade later, Facebook would be the one behind the helm of this social network. As is often the case with all successful platforms, when they “have a birthday” they usually launch certain tricks or options to celebrate it with their users. This is what is happening with Instagram, which now allows its users to change the icon on the home screen of your mobile device.
Related: How to create and share your Instagram QR code
Instagram has evolved a lot since its launch, in fact in its beginnings it only allowed the uploading of photos and now 24-hour ephemeral videos and stories are allowed. But this is not the only thing that has changed, other things that have been polished is the appearance of the app, which also includes the change of icons throughout these 10 years.
Precisely in celebration of this tenth anniversary, Instagram is allowing its users to change the default icon of its app for others used in the past. In this way you can now make the Instagram app look exactly the same on the home screen of your device as it did 10 years ago.
Apparently this configuration is only temporary, so in principle it would only be available during the month of October for the tenth anniversary. In addition, it should also be noted that this feature is being launched globally but gradually so some users may not yet be able to enjoy it. In this case, you will only have to wait until your app offers you this function.
Having said that, here are the steps to follow to change the icon of the Instagram app on the home screen of your mobile device.
How to change the icon of the Instagram app on the home screen of iPhone or Android.
1. Make sure the Instagram app is up to date to the latest version.
2. Once updated, you will have to open instagram.
3. Now go to the tab your profile.
4. Once here, click on the icon in the form of three horizontal lines in the upper right corner.
5. A menu in which you will have to select the option: Setting.
6. In the configuration screen you will have to swipe the screen of your device from the top to the bottom.
Note: This seems simple but it is not, since you have to slide it almost completely in one go. Several emojis will appear and you will have to do it until the celebratory face appears.
7. When you arrive above all emoticons, you will automatically be sent to a new screen full of confetti.
8. This page is where the list of all available icons to be able to be used.
9. Select the one you like the most.
10. Confirm your selection in the little window and voila.
11. Now you can exit the Instagram app and you will see how the icon of the app displayed on the screen of your iPhone or Android device has changed to the one selected by you.
IMPORTANT NOTE TO ANDROID USERS: The Instagram icon change on Android devices IS available. This function does not depend on the device or the operating system of your Smartphone, it will depend on whether Instagram offers it or not. As we have mentioned, Instagram is gradually implementing this feature so all you have to do is be patient. It should also be noted that when Android users change the icon of their Instagram app, they will see a small thumbnail with the current icon of the social network in the lower right corner. This is the only difference between Android and iPhone users.
Examples of Instagram icons on Android
Leave a Reply