There are few things as annoying as receiving spam emails in your inbox. Most email applications and services incorporate an anti-spam shield that is precisely in charge of automatically sending spam emails received to the trash of your email account. The problem is that the ani-spam shields of the emails do not always work correctly and sometimes we still see Spam emails in our inbox.
Related: How to delete spam emails in the iPhone Mail app automatically. (iOS)
In my case, I own an iPhone on which I have already installed iOS 13, but I still receive Spam emails in my inbox. This is due to the fact that the anti-spam shield of the Mail app installed by default on the iPhone or iPad is not capable of detecting Spam emails and they end up showing them in the inbox.
Fortunately, in the new version of the operating system iOS 13 or higher, a new function has been incorporated that allows identifying the sender of Spam emails that have passed the anti-spam shield filter in order to block it and stop receiving future Spam emails .
This new “Block Sender” feature is now available in iOS 13 and iPadOS 13 and allows you to automatically archive new emails from a specific sender that you consider Spam. All this from the default mail application on your iPhone or iPad with Apple.
Basically, iOS 13 and iPadOS 13 extend the long-standing blocked contacts functionality in the Phone & Messages app to the Mail app.
That said, below we want to show you step by step how to block senders of specific emails that send Span, from the Mail app of your iPhone or iPad with iOS 13 or higher:
How to Block senders of spam emails from your iPhone or iPad.
– The first thing you will have to do is open the Mail application on your iOS device to search and locate the email considered as Spam and that has crept into your inbox.
– Once the email is opened on the screen of your iPhone or iPad, you must click on the image or profile icon in order to show the sender’s details.
– At this point you will have to click on the field that contains the sender’s name and that is indicated after the word: “From”.
– Doing so will open the sender’s contact card. From here, you just have to click on the option: “Block this contact”.
– Now a new pop-up window opens in which you will have to confirm the sender’s blocking by clicking again on the option: “Block this contact”.
– From this moment on, the sender will be blocked and you will not receive a notification when receiving new emails. However, by default, the sender’s blocking allows you to continue viewing the Span mail in your Inbox, although with an icon that shows that it comes from a blocked contact. If you want spam emails from blocked senders to be sent directly to the trash, you will have to follow the steps shown below:
How to send spam from blocked senders directly to the trash in the Mail app on iPhone and iPad
– Open the Settings App of your iOS device and go to the Mail option.
– From here, click on: “Blocked sender options”.
– By default this function is activated as: Mark as blocked, leave in inbox. However, in this case, since we want to eliminate spam from a blocked sender, we must configure this function as: Transfer to the trash.
– From this moment on, any new email from the blocked contact will be sent directly to the “Trash” of the iPhone or iPad email app.
Leave a Reply