There may be nothing worse than annoying calls or messages from phone numbers we don’t want. Fortunately, if you have an iPhone with iOS, you should know that you can prevent a specific phone number from contacting you. In this way you can block incoming phone calls, any text message or even video calls and calls through FaceTime from a specific phone number on your iPhone.
Related: How to know if you have been blocked on iPhone (calls and messages)
One cool thing to note about how iOS blocks callers is that it actually sends the caller to voicemail but doesn’t actually exist. Similarly, your attempts to send text messages and attempts to connect via FaceTime simply abort.
The owner of the phone number you block on your iPhone will never be notified of the block. So the blocked user will reach a limbo in which they probably do not realize that they are actually being blocked.
Also, you should know that as the owner of an iPhone, you can also block any incoming call from a phone number. This option can be a bit risky, since it will not allow you to receive calls from any phone number that you do not have saved in your contact book.
Here are the two existing options to block calls from phone numbers as well as SMS, or Facetime calls on your iPhone with iOS:
How to block a specific contact or phone number on your iPhone. (do not receive FaceTime calls, messages or video calls)
– The first thing we will have to do is access the Calls app to either locate the contact from the call list or from your iPhone’s contact book.
– Once the contact is located, you will have to select it or click on the “i” icon.
– When the contact details are displayed you must scroll down until you find and select the option: Block this contact.
– This will show a small menu in which you will have to select the option: Block contact.
This will add the entire phone number or contact to the iOS block list, preventing all phone calls, text messages, iMessages, and FaceTime connection attempts from the blocked user’s phone number, email, and / or Apple ID. This really covers it all, making this setting a very powerful fit.
As already mentioned, no notification is sent to the person who has been blocked.
How to block all unknown phone numbers on your iPhone (You will not receive FaceTime calls, messages or video calls)
This is not the traditional method of blocking calls by phone number, but it is a solution that uses Do not disturb mode and your contact list to prevent unknown people from calling your iPhone:
– Open the Settings app of your iPhone and select the option “Do not disturb”
– Here you will have to activate the switch located just to the right of: Do not disturb.
– Now you will have to scroll down until you find and select the option: Allow calls from.
– In the next configuration screen we can select between two options:
- Favorites: if you only want to receive calls and notifications from your favorite contacts.
- Contacts: This option will allow you to receive calls only and exclusively from the numbers that you have saved in your iPhone’s contact list.
– Exit Settings, check how now no unknown number can call you on your iPhone.
Remember: choosing Contacts will prevent any phone number or address that is not in the iPhone contact list from being able to communicate with your iPhone. Do not enable this option without a complete understanding of what this entails, otherwise you may miss calls from unknown numbers that could be really important.
It is also worth noting that the Do Not Disturb mode also has other restrictions since when we activate and personalize it, we will also prevent applications from showing us notifications on our iPhone. It will be the user who must weigh the advantages and disadvantages that this option could entail for him.
Leave a Reply