On the ground floor there are thousands of places that we will never know or visit, however thanks to Google Earth we can see some of them. Google Earth View has launched a photo gallery of 2,500 photos of inhospitable sites accessible to any user who wants it. The best thing about this is that the resolutions of the photos available is actually including some images even in 4K.
Related: How to use the Maps app without an internet connection in Windows 10
Google Earth View, in addition to showing you these images, also allows you to download these images so that you can later use them as you wish, such as using them as wallpaper on your computer’s desktop, be it Windows 10 or Mac with OSx.
The Google Earth service, which is completely free since 2015, also has an official extension for the Google Chrome browser that, in addition to being free, also allows you to explore and download Google Earth images to use as wallpaper.
Google has made sure that any user can view these images from the Earth View Gallery using the official Chrome Extension. The gallery presents photos on a colored map that helps you visualize the collection of more than 2,500 locations. If you prefer a color, you can use it to find a photo of a landscape in shades of the chosen color.
That said, below we show you step by step how to view and download photos of spectacular places in the world thanks to the service offered by Google Earth, specifically using its official extension for Chrome:
How to see Google Earth images ordered by colors and on a world map.
– Download and Install the Chrome extension: Google Earth View
– Open a new tab and click on the extension icon.
– Click on the icon in the form of three horizontal stripes in the upper right corner.
– In the menu select the option: Visit Image Map
– Now a world map with circles of different colors will be displayed. Click on any of them to access the image for that specific site.
Note: The color of each circle shown on the map corresponds to the color predominance of the image of that location.
– Slide the slider bar at the bottom center of the screen to the color in which you are interested. This will only display images related to the indicated color on the map.
– It should be noted that on the color map you can also zoom to get closer to a specific area.
How to download Google Earth images as wallpaper
– When you position yourself on the color map and you have clicked on the image, it will be displayed in full screen.
– Once the image is displayed full screen you will have to click on the download icon located in the upper right corner of the screen.
– This will automatically download the image automatically.
– Alternatively if you prefer, when the image is displayed in full screen you can click the right mouse button and select the option Save as from the context menu.
Note: It should be noted that when you install the Google Earth View extension, every time you open a new tab in your Google Chrome browser, a random image of Google Earth will be displayed as the wallpaper.
Leave a Reply