Online security is something that users are increasingly concerned about and for good reason. Currently there are numerous ways in which malicious people can steal your information or take advantage of you in one way or another. One of the most common ways is the use of fraudulent websites, spam or that attempt to impersonate other legitimate websites.
Related: How to send Webs from your PC to your mobile with Chrome.
Although fraudulent websites are increasingly successful, the truth is that on some occasions they can be identified by the user. However, the question that many users ask at this point is: What do you do when I find a fraudulent or dangerous web page? Can I report this malicious website to Google?
Google is the largest and most widely used search engine in the world and although Google actively fights against malicious or poor quality websites, it may mistakenly index some of these websites and show them to users as search results.
The ability to report suspicious websites is provided by an official extension for the Google Chrome browser and below we show you how to report it:
How to report a website to Google
– You can easily report a website from Google Chrome browser. You can report a website as spam or phishing to Google using the Suspicious Site Reporter. Google Suspicious Site Reporter is a very important tool for Google Chrome. If you want to help protect the internet from bad guys, use it.
– As we have mentioned, the first thing we will have to do is download and install the Google Suspicious Site Reporter extension which will force you to use the Chrome browser or any other browser based on Chromium.
– Once the extension is installed, you will see an icon in the upper right section of your browser. Every time you visit a website that you consider to be malicious, you will simply have to click on the icon to generate a report.
– This will automatically show a small window indicating that it includes the report:
- IP adress
- DOM content (includes all HTML content)
- Reference string
– The parameters: Screenshot, DOM Content (includes all HTML content) and Reference String are options. This means that this data may or may not be included in your report.
– When everything is ready, you can send the report just by clicking on the blue button: Send Report.
– By sending this report, Google will be informed about a possible malicious website, this does not mean that Google will take action against this website since then this extension could be used as a throwing and illegal weapon against the websites of your competition. Google will have the last word on what to do with the reported websites.
Leave a Reply