Google Maps is an application for Android and iPhone mobiles that provides its users with multiple functions ranging from navigation to business discovery. Google Maps has improved considerably since its launch and has been incorporating different layers for its maps, which allows you to add more information to the default. Well now, in times of a pandemic, Google Maps allows information on the trend of Covid in any Country / Region in the world to be known.
Related: How to download and use maps from Google Maps without Internet on mobile devices.
We are all concerned about the incidence of Covid-19 around us. The second wave of the virus is turning out worse than expected and some rulers are beginning to confine specific areas of cities or regions. These restrictions are being applied based on the trend of the virus in specific regions of a country.
Well, to find out if the Virus trend is up or down in a specific part of the world, Google Maps has just added a new function that allows us to know this updated information. This can not only be of great help to know the trend of the virus in areas close to yours, but also to know the incidence of the virus in remote places to which you plan to travel.
This COVID-19 information function of the official Google Maps app is available for both Android and iPhone devices and below we show you step by step how to activate the new Covid-19 information layer on your device:
How to show COVID-19 data on iPhone and Android on Google Maps.
1. The most important thing is to check that our Google Maps app is updated to the latest version.
2. Now open the Google Maps app.
3. Once the app interface is displayed, you must click on the icon: Layers
4. This will open a menu in which you will have to look at the section: Map details.
5. Under this section you must click on the layer: Facts about COVID-19
6. Exit the Layers menu and go to the country where you want to know the trend of infected by Covid.
7. If you want to know more specific data about a community or region, you can zoom in on the map to find out more detailed data.
How to deactivate the Data on Covid layer of Google Maps.
1. Press the Layers icon again.
2. Now locate the Data on COVID-19 layer again and click on it.
3. When this changes from blue to gray, it is disabled.
4. Go back to the Google More map to enjoy the standard version of the app.
Leave a Reply