The advantages offered by Google tools and services are numerous, but the main one is the integration between all these services. This allows you to carry out operations or actions within one of the tools without having to access others, such as the ability to save attachments in your Gmail emails directly to your Google Drive account.
Related: How to send files from Google Drive as an attachment and not as links in your Gmail emails.
If you have an important file in Gmail that you want to save to Google Drive, this tutorial is what you are looking for. Gmail attachments can be saved directly to Google Drive from the same Gmail interface. This means that you won’t need to download any third-party software, extensions, or services, as Gmail allows users to do so using a default option. In fact, you won’t even have to go to Google Drive.
Gmail is probably the most popular and free email service. Although Gmail and Google Drive are integrated with each other, Gmail does not save images or other attachments to Google Drive by default. But, sometimes, the user may want to store a file in their Google Drive account. Thanks to this link we can save any attached file, including images, documents, etc.
That said, below we want to show you step by step how to save attachments in Gmail emails directly to your Google Drive account in the cloud:
How to save Gmail files to Google Drive automatically (Web):
1. Open Gmail in your web browser
2. Select the email with attachment in your inbox.
3. Scroll down to view attachments.
4. Hover over the attached file.
5. Click on the Google Drive icon displayed above the attached file.
6. When the file has been saved to your Google Drive, the icon of this service will be displayed in its colors instead of black and white.
How to save Gmail files to Google Drive automatically (official mobile app):
1. Open the Gmail app on your iPhone or Android
2. Access the email with the attached file in which we are interested.
3. Scroll down to locate the attachments.
4. Click on said attachment to display it in full screen.
5. On this screen you will have to click on the Google Drive logo next to the + icon.
6. This will automatically save the file to your Google Drive.
How to manually save Gmail attachments to your Google Drive.
1. Open the browser and access your Gmail account
2. Select the email with the attached file from the inbox.
3. Proceed to download the attached file to your computer.
4. Once downloaded, open another tab in your web browser and access Google Drive.
5. Once inside your Google Drive, drag the downloaded file from your computer to the Google Drive interface.
6. Wait for the file to load and you’re done.
Leave a Reply