The amount of spam and spam that we can receive in our Gmail account can be really overwhelming. In my case, there is nothing more annoying than receiving constant e-mails, coming from the same sender who does not want to read any of their messages. To avoid this type of situation, I asked myself if Gmail allows to automatically delete all emails from a specific sender.
Related: How to silence email notifications from a specific address in Gmail
By default, Gmail doesn’t offer any specific features that allow you to automatically delete emails from a specific sender. However, this does not mean that we cannot carry out this task, what happens is that we will have to use the filters function to achieve it.
Maintaining an orderly inbox is something really complicated, especially if we use our email account to subscribe or create user accounts on different platforms or services. In many cases, this action will give the platform permission to send you informative emails that in most cases you do not want to receive.
As we have mentioned, Gmail allows you to create filters to filter emails from a specific sender and whose messages have a series of criteria specified by you.
With that said, below we want to show you step by step how to automatically delete emails from a specific sender in Gmail:
How to automatically delete emails received from a specific sender in Gmail.
1. Open your web browser and go to Gmail.com
2. Log into your Gmail account.
3. Click the icon in the shape of gear (top right)
4. In the drop-down menu, select the option: See all Settings.
5. On the next screen, go to the tab: Filters and blocked addresses.
6. Click on the option: Create a filter.
7. This will open a box in whose “From” field, you must enter the email address of the sender whose emails you want to automatically delete.
8. After this, you will have to click on the button: Create Filter
9. On the next screen you will have to check the option: Remove
Important note: If you want this filter to also apply to emails that have already been received from the indicated email address, you must also check the box: Apply the filter also to the X conversations that meet the criteria.
10. To finish, you just have to click on the Blue button: Create Filter.
11. This will automatically cause the filter to be created and from that moment on, any email received from the indicated address will be automatically deleted without appearing in your inbox.
Leave a Reply