The storage space of Android mobile devices is limited, which is why it is considered a precious commodity. It is for this reason that Android users try to avoid downloading and storing unnecessary files. Applications like Gmail, by default have activated the automatic download function of attachments in received emails. This may not appeal to all users and therefore you may prefer to disable it.
The Gmail app for Android was recently updated to allow images and other attachments in your email to download automatically. All this is due to the fact that as Google announced, the attached images downloaded automatically will be completely safe, since they will previously be processed on their own servers.
However, that it gives automatic download of attached photos in Gmail emails, does not mean that it is convenient, since as we have mentioned before, some users may have storage limitations and do not want Gmail photos to be automatically saved in their Android device.
However, it should be noted that the images attached to your Gmail emails will only be downloaded automatically if your device is connected to a Wi-Fi network, so at least we will not excessively consume our data package.
That said, below we want to show you step by step how to disable the download of attached photos in Gmail emails for Android:
How to disable automatic download of attachments in Gmail
– Make sure the Gmail for Android application is fully up to date.
– Open the application and click on the icon in the form of three horizontal stripes located in the upper left corner.
– In the displayed menu you will have to scroll down until you find the option Settings.
– This will take you to a new screen where you will have to select the user account where you want to apply these settings.
– On the next screen you will find different configuration options, among which you will find the one that says: Download attachments. Automatically download recent email attachments over Wi-Fi.
– Next to this option you will find a box that you must uncheck. Once unchecked, everything is ready, from now on the photos attached to your emails will not be downloaded even if you are connected to a Wi-Fi network.
Leave a Reply