Sometimes (especially in the workplace) we receive emails that are not really for us, but are for another email address. For example, if you work in the sales department, but you receive emails from the technical service department. Now thanks to Gmail you can have all the emails you receive from that email address automatically sent to another specific email address (in this example to the email account of the technical service).
Related: How to combine 2 email accounts (Gmail)
Until now, Gmail allowed to automatically send any email received in your Gmail account, to a second indicated account. However, this option did not offer exceptions, that is to say that literally all received emails will be forwarded to another email account specified by the user. This function is perfect when we go on vacation and we want someone to be able to answer the emails we receive.
Well, now you can specifically indicate the address whose emails will be automatically forwarded to another desired address. For example, in my case I want emails related to Amazon or Ryanair to be automatically forwarded to my partner’s email account since she is the one who manages it. Well now this is possible.
Here’s how to automatically forward received emails from a specific email account using Gmail:
How to automatically forward emails from a specific address.
1. Access your Gmail account and click on the gear icon.
2. In the menu select the option: Setting
3. On the next screen, go to the tab: Forwarding and POP / IMAP mail
4. You will automatically be forwarded to the Gmail configuration screen where you will have to click the button: add a forwarding address.
5. In the new window you will have to enter the email address to which you want the emails to be sent automatically.
6. Next, a confirmation email will be sent to the email address to which we want to automatically forward messages received from a specific address. This user must confirm that his email account can be configured as a forwarding account.
7. When the confirmation is done; From the email account in which we are configuring the forwarding, you should go to one of the emails from the address whose messages you want to automatically forward to another address.
8. Click the more options button (three dots icon)
9. In the displayed menu you must select the option: Filter messages like these.
10. Now a box will open in which you will have to click on: Create Filter.
11. In the list of options you will have to check the box ‘Forward to’ and select the forwarding email that has just been configured and already verified.
12. Click the blue button: Create filter
From this moment on, each time you receive an email from that address, it will be automatically sent to the configured email address. However, as the first user to receive this email, you can also read it and it will continue to appear in your inbox even if it has been automatically sent to another email account.
If for whatever reason you do not want these automatically forwarded emails to appear in your inbox or to be notified when they are received; You can create a new filter in which you make these emails be Archived automatically. This configuration is identical to the one shown in this tutorial, except that instead of checking the option “forward to” you will have to check the option box: Skip Inbox (File it).
Leave a Reply